PDA

View Full Version : New Toy

richhodg66
06-04-2014, 09:03 PM
A friend of mine and I were talking about bow fishing and fishing in general the other day and he mentioned he had a guide boat he wasn't using. This afternoon he called me and asked if I wanted it and he was tired of mowing around it. The price was right; FREE!

So now I have this 15' guide boat. Kind of like a canoe, but much wider and looks to be more stable and has a transom that will support an outboard, but I highly doubt I'd ever use one. It has good, strong oar locks on it and I have a good set of oars already, so I think this one will be muscle powered while I explore some of the coves on Milford Lake.

HeavyMetal
06-04-2014, 09:58 PM
How heavy is that thing, LOL! My grandad had a thing for small boats because he usually handled them by himself.

plmitch
06-04-2014, 10:00 PM
Thats a great little boat fof the price.

John Allen
06-04-2014, 10:09 PM
What a great deal. They are tough boats.

7br
06-04-2014, 11:05 PM
It has good, strong oar locks on it and I have a good set of oars already, so I think this one will be muscle powered while I explore some of the coves on Milford Lake.

When I was in college, we got a canoe from the KState rec center and went camping on Tuttle Creek. I took it out and a fairly strong wind came up. I thought I would wind up as flotsam on the dam. I got close enough to shore to jump out and pull it back to the camp site.

richhodg66
06-04-2014, 11:29 PM
I already have a very odd little fiberglass rowboat I haven't had in the water for years. It's about 8' long and is about 4' wide at it's widest, it looks like a bowl, no kidding, but it floated me and another guy is just a few inches of water. That was what I liked about it, could move it around by myself and it slid right in the back of a Nissan pick up.

This one will be a little harder to manage, but once in the water, I think it'll be a great boat.