PDA

View Full Version : Gettin soft

starmac
06-04-2014, 08:15 PM
That old woman of mine and a friend wound up with a the contract to plant and maintain the FLOWER beds at a local business this summer. Well mt cantankerous old woman has been under the weather, so I spent all evening yesterday planting FLOWER plants. I tried to tell them that squash plants had the purdiest yellow flowers you ever saw, but they wouldn't go for it. lol

I know I am gettin soft, in my old age, I am skeered she will think she might try to get me to start washing dishes before long.

FISH4BUGS
06-04-2014, 08:20 PM
What's the problem? I have a 35' x 35' garden that I spend at least an average of one to two hours a day in weeding, cultivating, spraying for bugs (organic spray don't you know), planting, maintaining.....and cutting the grass twice a week on top of that. Wait until the veggies come in,....then it is freezing and canning......jeez....I'll make some woman a great wife some day!
There isn't much time for casting and reloading, much less shooting. But it all seems to balance out.

starmac
06-04-2014, 08:22 PM
I have grown gardens all my life, from small to several acres and love it, bbbuuuuuut I have never planted a flower in my life, that is up until yesterday.

Driver man
06-04-2014, 08:31 PM
Take consolation in the fact that many flowers are edible so you were probably planting a food source

starmac
06-04-2014, 09:54 PM
For a moose. lol

Mod42
06-04-2014, 10:19 PM
For a moose. lol

Will they let you set up a stand by the flower beds for Moose Hunting??

starmac
06-04-2014, 10:33 PM
Not hardly, this is in a pickup only area, not even bows allowed. lol

Ed Barrett
06-05-2014, 12:41 PM
Closest thing I've ever come to planting flowers is Buckwheat on fallow ground to keep the bees happy and keep the weeds down.