PDA

View Full Version : Discovered a new way to "evecuate" a Star sizer

ANeat
01-14-2008, 05:20 PM
Had a hillarious "moment" this morning in the shop. I work 2nd shift ao Im usually out there in the mornings knocking around doing things. I had just finished up sizing a bunch of 9mm and was changing out size dies, adding lube, cleaning up, and doing about 5 other things at once.

I have air feed on the Star and had the cylinder off and had poured some melted Lars red into the resivoir. Did a few other things and screwed the air cylinder back on.

Then the moment of truth, not thinking I plugged the air hose into the cylinder. Since I had not installed a size die or anything else a sizer full of still liquid lube was flushed out in a matter of 2 seconds:holysheep

Yep as you can imagine there are little red dots of lube everywhere, most just oozed out but the part still liquid covered about a 3 foot radius with little red specs.

I cussed for a second then started laughing:veryconfu Turned everything off and went in the house, Ill clean everything tomorrow.:???:

Any good tips on removing lube???

Adam

GSM
01-14-2008, 07:24 PM
Boiling water.[smilie=1:

Johnch
01-14-2008, 08:34 PM
Thanks

I needed a good laugh

I will not say how many times I have had a OH sht and had to laugh at myself later

John

timkelley
01-14-2008, 09:41 PM
Thankyou Sir, I needed the Grin, I of course have never done such a thing:roll:.