PDA

View Full Version : Rossi .22/.410 combo

eljefeoz
06-03-2014, 01:49 AM
Gday All,
I picked up this neat combo for my kids, learnt to 'roll my own' with brass shotshells and tested it yesterday.
The .303 British shells with no.8 and Blue dot ,as well as the Bertram 3" with shot and, 5 shells loaded with a single .38 cal CB &CoW packing, grouped about 6 inches at 25m offhand
The shot pattern would happily get me a wabbit.
In all this sunshine-the trouble- The .22 barrel would not fire.
The firing pin imprimatur is shallow and barely on the rim. after many tries one CCI standard velocity went off.

Yes, its the swap barrel model, with an offset .22 barrel to accommodate RF/CF on one platform.
Any ideas/help appreciated
TIA

WILCO
06-04-2014, 12:35 PM
Any ideas/help appreciated.

If it's the youth model, try firing it with your other hand.
Had an experience with one that wouldn't fire for me, but would fire for a friend.
We went back and forth one day on the range for about fifty rounds.
Each one for me was a fail to fire, but everyone fired for him.
The difference? I'm a lefty and he's a righty. He offered my $50.00 for it, I passed and took the gun back.
Shop smithy said it was in the trigger and my trigger pull wouldn't fully engage.
I sold it and bought another one. Never had a problem since. The Rossi youth combo is still high on my favorites list.

lylejb
06-08-2014, 12:22 AM
Is the firing pin strike centered and good depth with the 410 barrel?

The reason I ask is, that if the strike is good on the 410, then it's not a problem with the pin / hammer / springs.

maybe the "offset" in the 22 barrel is too much, causing a near miss on the rimfire rim.

eljefeoz
06-23-2014, 08:40 PM
Thank you Guys,
Lyle, I found a good strike on the large pistol primers I'm using on the brass cases,effective, no problemo-all the .303 and Bertram shells did a great job...but a very shallow strike,ALMOST out of the rim at 7-730 position.

Wilco-
I am a righty,one of the fellas at the range who tried it was a lefty.Nada,zilch for 4 different brands of 22 ammo.

WILCO
06-24-2014, 12:55 PM
Wilco-
I am a righty,one of the fellas at the range who tried it was a lefty.Nada,zilch for 4 different brands of 22 ammo.

Dang! I was hoping that would be it for you. If it's under warranty, ship it back. Sell it off if you have to, or trade it towards another one.
I really enjoy mine as it's a hoot to use.