PDA

View Full Version : Have a problem

Wally
06-02-2014, 11:01 PM
We can use I-net at my office as long as we don't abuse it. However they use Websense and Cast Boolits is blocked as Websense blocks websites that have a theme about firearms or weapons. Before Cast Bollits changed their format I was able to get around the "censor", but I can no longer do so...can anyone offer me a solution?

gsdelong
06-03-2014, 04:01 PM
Google it the go straight to one of the listed forums. See if that works.

Wally
06-03-2014, 07:04 PM
Tried that..Websense blocks it....

Cornbread
06-03-2014, 07:21 PM
Go here: http://hispeedproxy.com/

Paste the website url into the box that you want to go to and hit browse. That should route you through a proxy that websense won't block. Let me know if that works.

losttrail
06-04-2014, 09:15 AM
Try a different browser. My company blocks all firearms related sites also plus a lot more. At least through IE.

But using Firefox I can get to all my favorites.

beagle
06-04-2014, 10:34 AM
Ran into the same problem when on the road. Hampton Inns block any gun related sites and as hard as I tried, I was unable to evade the blockage. Not a showstopper but I like to keep in touch when traveling./beagle

Moonie
06-04-2014, 02:01 PM
Keep in mind, most employers will terminate those found to be circumventing security.

MrWolf
06-04-2014, 07:51 PM
Moonie is right - the state system I have to use utilizes websense also. I figure my job is not worth it as they can monitor what I do. If there is anything I really need to look at during work hours I use my phone with its whole bar of service.

dbosman
06-05-2014, 04:39 PM
If your company is blocking web sites or internet usage - at all - then someone has the job of reviewing log files periodically.

Wally
06-05-2014, 06:14 PM
Go here: http://hispeedproxy.com/

Paste the website url into the box that you want to go to and hit browse. That should route you through a proxy that websense won't block. Let me know if that works.

I will try it...as far as I know Websense is aware of Proxys and it blocks them as well..

Wally
06-05-2014, 06:16 PM
Keep in mind, most employers will terminate those found to be circumventing security.

With ours you get a warning...

brtelec
06-05-2014, 06:42 PM
Try using a VPN. It is a tunneling protocol. I have yet to find a company censor program that it can not beat. The other plus is they also can not see what you are looking at. I use Strong VPN Client. Very effective.

FISH4BUGS
06-05-2014, 06:47 PM
Boy I am glad I am self employed! I work on my computer all day usually remoted in to client sites and helping with with their software.
My problem is staying OFF this site. I watch the S&S forum all day long, along with EBay for Hensley & Gibbs moulds.