PDA

View Full Version : Reloading Scale Broken... Any Spares? :(

davidheart
06-02-2014, 10:56 AM
Howdy. Well I sat down to measure out some powder yesterday. I hadn't reload in a couple weeks so while the wife and kids were off for a couple hours I thought I'd try some load development.

That's when I fired up my Hornady Electronic Scale.... (I know what you're thinking, WHY electronic?? I'm on a budget is why. :( ) and without any weight added to it the numbers were bouncing up and down from -45.3+- to +32.... then it would "zero" and bounce again to 6gr... 9gr.... -4gr. I changed the batteries to some fresh ones and still the same problem.

My scale is toast and so is my gun budget for a while. Just bought a VZ24 Mauser last week which sucked up my month. I'm just throwing this out there, if any of you have a spare scale, electric or standard I could really use one. This isn't a huge priority but I thought I'd ask. Not really excited about not being able to reload for another month or so. :sad:

Thank you.

PS I know there are other ways to "measure" powder charges but I'd rather be safe and exact. I still have a "respectful fear" of reloading.

CBMC
06-02-2014, 12:20 PM
I do not have a extra scale, but the lee scale only costs about $25 new and is incredibly accurate. It is a bit sensitive and takes longer to zero than the rcbs scale. But it does work.

davidheart
06-02-2014, 12:21 PM
Good news! I just got off the phone with Hornady and I told them what happened. They told me they would have UPS come and pick up the old scale, ship it back and replace it for me free of charge!

That's a super blessing. It'll take a couple weeks but I'm really really grateful for it. Praise God for family owned businesses like Hornady!

CastingFool
06-02-2014, 12:24 PM
that sure is a blessing!

Bullfrog
06-02-2014, 09:47 PM
Hornady are top notch folks which is why they are the only dies I use :)