PDA

View Full Version : pay forward in the form of .45ACP cake mix

40-82 hiker
05-31-2014, 11:15 PM
Sent Cowboy Dan the box of muffins and tin, so I'm closing this out. Nice to pass on some favors that meant so much...

I recently received the help from two members in my hunt for boolits to try out in my .45-70. Their help is all the more appreciated due to my inability to work and its effect of household funds.

They would not take anything in return, so I am giving away a .45ACP boxed mix in SFRB. It will have around 10 pounds of COWW ingots/range lead ingots, 3.2 oz. of tin (2%), and 50 Rem. ACP casings. The amount of lead may be more, as I have not put the box together yet. Shouldn't be less.

This box is intended for a person who HAS to buy their lead, as they do not/cannot mine lead (WWs, lead pipe, x-ray, etc). None, period. Ideally it would be someone lacking funds as well, as it would be lost on someone with a basement full of lead, bought or not.

Again, I will require some semblance of activity on Castboolits to weed out ebay hangers.

PM only with request and a little background. I will choose based solely on my whims, and will let this run until I choose a winner or just close it for lack of responses.

I recently gave away some of this new Rem. brass locally, and it was well received.

Thanks to BrassMagnet and Swamp. Really guys, thanks!

Bob

NewbieDave007
05-31-2014, 11:46 PM
Very nice Bob. This is the reason that I love this site and love reading threads in this section. Good luck with the search and I truly hope it is a deserving member.

62chevy
06-09-2014, 12:25 PM
Awesome way to pay forward !!!

scarry scarney
06-09-2014, 12:51 PM
Nice. No, dont count me. Just another bump for a good reason....

MaLar
06-09-2014, 01:11 PM
Nice count me out.
LaMar

40-82 hiker
06-21-2014, 09:12 AM
Heard from a new member: Cowboy Dan

Looks like Cowboy Dan has asked for a Mentor in the South Bend, IN area to start casting (he's already reloading), and has sent me a PM stating he could use some alloy. So sending him this box with COWW ingots. Don't know if he uses the .45ACP, so I'll send him more lead w/o brass since that's what he's asking for. Let's welcome him aboard, and maybe see if we can help him out other ways. Pay forward to Cowboy Dan.

Good luck to 'ya Dan. Hope this helps...

nagantguy
06-21-2014, 09:35 AM
Very well done sir, you got help passed it on and now we hope cowboy Dan will as well. It has inspired me, I know an older gentleman whom years ago was a top competitive shooter with a muzzle loader. Then spent years coming down other paths mainly teaching others to shoot pistols, anyhow his true love is front stuffers so I an giving him a mold and some dead soft lead so he can once again cast for his smoke pole

Cowboy_Dan
06-22-2014, 02:37 AM
Thanks again to 40-82. This site is already living up to its reputation. I'll definately have to pay this one forward when I'm able.

40-82 hiker
06-27-2014, 04:47 PM
Sent Cowboy Dan the box of muffins and tin, so I'm closing this out. Nice to pass on some favors that meant so much...