PDA

View Full Version : Computer 8.1 Arghhhhhhhh

blackthorn
05-31-2014, 05:06 PM
Since MS in its wisdom decided to no longer support our old XP system, we went and bought new computers (2). They came with Windows 8 installed. Mine worked OK but Gail's had problems so we took it in and the guy fixed it (?) and he said he installed Windows 8.1. I told him I kept getting a "pop-up" offering windows 8.1 as a free upgrade install on my computer. He recommended I accept the upgrade, so I did. Now everything that I bring up is so small it is hard to read! Gail tried to figure out how to make stuff bigger----no luck! Can anyone tell me, in simple step by step directions how to fix this? Thanks!

9w1911
05-31-2014, 05:24 PM
go to to your computer preferences and find where you can change the resolution of your screen

leadman
05-31-2014, 05:28 PM
Might be easier to go back to the store and buy a Mac. I bought one for my wife several years ago and it always works great. My windows computer is about ready to get the slug hammer treatment!

KYCaster
05-31-2014, 07:33 PM
Press the + key while holding the Ctrl key.

Jerry

DeanoBeanCounter
05-31-2014, 10:11 PM
Right click on the desktop/wallpaper. This will bring up a menu. Click on Screen Resolution. The line that says Resolution click on the down arrow. Move the little arrow on the left the the resolution that you want. The lower the resolution the bigger the display.
Dean

kfarm
05-31-2014, 10:18 PM
I feel your pain. I just bought an HP laptop just to have quickload at my reloading building. I go straight to desktop and run ql from there. Also put open office on as a replacement for ms office. Looking to put on startisback to look like windows 7.

Garyshome
05-31-2014, 10:29 PM
Pita!

flyingmonkey35
05-31-2014, 11:47 PM
Windows 8 is the Bane of Tech Support Everywhere!

I am a officiendo of Windows. Microsoft for the most part has put out a solid Operating system. Windows 8 was just too much for me.

If the new look is too much for you and you like the Look of Windows XP.

Use this Its FREE and spyware / virus /add-ware free.
http://www.classicshell.net/

blackthorn
06-01-2014, 01:29 PM
Thanks to all who replied. Special thanks to DenoBeanCounter who's advise worked so now I can see what is on the screen!