PDA

View Full Version : RCBS Warranty Replacement - should I be disappointed ?

Beesdad
05-30-2014, 06:47 PM
I purchased a new RCBS media separator about 3 mounts ago and the plastic latch broke on the 3rd or 4th use. I contacted RCBS by email to inquire about a replacement and the cost. They offered to replace the outer basket free of charge.... I was very pleased...

Well arrived today and it is clearly used ( very heavily used ) based on the wear on mine I would estimate about 50K pieces of brass have gone through this unit. The unit is well used but serviceable. Should I be disappointed?

TNsailorman
05-30-2014, 07:22 PM
Give them a call and talk to them. I don't like dealing thru email with companies when I have a problem. It always slows down the resolution of the problem and can lead to confusion on one or both ends.

Hardcast416taylor
05-30-2014, 10:29 PM
I`ve never known RCBS to sent a used part out in a warranty case, always new. Somewhere along the line in their service department something has either changed or somehow a used unit got boxed by mistake and sent to you. I would definately waste a dime on them with a call and ask if this is the way their warranty service is now.Robert

dragon813gt
05-31-2014, 08:56 AM
They don't send used parts for warranty replacement. Sounds like a mistake so give them a call.

Beesdad
05-31-2014, 11:44 AM
My first experience with RCBS and a warranty replacement... It was in a new box, well packaged, dirty and well used....

I will call on Monday and advise on the results...

dh2
05-31-2014, 12:03 PM
I have got parts replaced from RCBS is seems like every move some thing gets broken , but I have never been sent a used part.

r1kk1
06-01-2014, 10:07 AM
Definetly a mistake was made I'm willing to bet. RCBS customer service is top notch. They have ALWAYS taking care of me even if I bought die sets, etc. used.

Take care

r1kk1

Beesdad
06-02-2014, 10:20 AM
Call RCBS this AM to discuss the used part shipped as a warranty replacment...

It was not a mistake.. Not an error.. It is their policy to ship used parts to the customer. They explained that they do not have any new outside baskets in stock for the media separator. Only used one available and they do not know when they will receive any. They offered to ship me another used one. I declined and after some discussion they offered to ship a new complete separator at no charge.

I hope this clears everyone's misunderstanding on their policy on shipping used parts to their customer. In the end everything is good.

Thanks for everyone's recommendations.

r1kk1
06-02-2014, 11:50 AM
I would not accept a used part. I would wait for the new stuff. Never heard a policy to ship used. Not doubting you Beesdad, sounds like a bad tech.

Take care

r1kk1

bedbugbilly
06-02-2014, 12:04 PM
Give them a call. RCBS doesn't do things that way. Either there was a screw up at the plant - or someone switched used for a new hoping it wouldn't get caught - those things do happen when there are lots of employees. I have a feeling there will be a new on on the way to you quickly.

Let us know how this plays out please. Any contact I've ever had with RCBS has been a great experience and they want their customers happy.

Beesdad
06-02-2014, 12:18 PM
Give them a call. RCBS doesn't do things that way. Either there was a screw up at the plant - or someone switched used for a new hoping it wouldn't get caught - those things do happen when there are lots of employees. I have a feeling there will be a new on on the way to you quickly.

Let us know how this plays out please. Any contact I've ever had with RCBS has been a great experience and they want their customers happy.

Please read my post # 8 for my details on todays phone call.... Again they stated it was their policy to ship used parts if new parts were not available.... Not a mistake ... Not an error... They explained it their policy and again they offered to ship out another used part...

When I declined the used part they offered to ship a complete new unit..

TNsailorman
06-02-2014, 12:33 PM
I am happy your call worked out for you Beesdad. I have dealt with RCBS for years and I have never been in the least disappointed with their service. That is the reason I advised you to give them a call. I can understand them shipping a used part when temporarily out of stock for new parts. That gets your unit back into operation again. It would have saved some trouble if they had included a note with the part explaining why a used part was sent. Take care, james

jonas302
06-02-2014, 08:16 PM
Considering that yours broke within standard warranty period there is no excuse for sending a well used part a complete new one should have been sent or the new part borrowed off a new one to sit in there warehouse until they got more in it would be different if it was an obsolete machine

Kevinakaq
06-02-2014, 08:29 PM
RCBS has always been beyond reproach in their warranty policy in my dealings. Last time they replaced a part for me i told them that their policy is based on guilt. Due to their no holds bar warranty policy i actually feel guilty buying other brands. How can i not stand by a company that stands by me so readily....

My two overpriced cents.
Kevin

Bayou52
06-03-2014, 05:44 AM
RCBS has always been beyond reproach in their warranty policy in my dealings. Last time they replaced a part for me i told them that their policy is based on guilt. Due to their no holds bar warranty policy i actually feel guilty buying other brands. How can i not stand by a company that stands by me so readily....

My two overpriced cents.
Kevin

As a result of their stellar customer service - a real no questions asked service policy - I go out of my way to purchase RCBS products to the exclusion of other brands....

abunaitoo
06-04-2014, 11:10 PM
I think RCBS has been taken over by some other company.
Might be a new policy to cut cost (and piss off customers).
Happens all the time.
RCBS has always been very customer service oriented.

dragon813gt
06-05-2014, 12:59 AM
I think RCBS has been taken over by some other company.
Might be a new policy to cut cost (and piss off customers).
Happens all the time.
RCBS has always been very customer service oriented.

RCBS has been under the ATK umbrella for years now. If you read the posts you will see exactly why this situation happened.

Beesdad
06-10-2014, 04:54 PM
RCBS warrantee replacement update....

After several phone calls and emails I received my second replacement part today from RCBS. This time the box contained a new ( not used ) unit.

This has restored my faith in RCBS but way to much effort on my part.... One observation I will make in comparison with other reloading equipment manufactures this experience has been way to complicated ... And took almost 3 weeks.

If this had been a Lee warrantee replacement one email and the part would be at my door step in 3 or 4 days...

VHoward
06-10-2014, 08:15 PM
My experience with Lee customer service was a complete opposite from yours. A big hassle on the phone and 2 weeks waiting for the part after I convinced them that it was defective when I received the original.

CWME
06-11-2014, 10:18 AM
RCBS has treated me right for the few issues I have had.
Dillon is by far the best company I have ever dealt with though. Called in to order a RN seat plug for a caliber conversion I bought used in a bag at a yard sale. The RN seater was missing. I ordered that and a few other items. Had a quick conversation about some other issues I had with this VERY used caliber conversion. Ended the call after I gave my CC info and waited for the mail. Mail showed up and the guy had given me the parts he thought would correct the issue as well as the seater for FREE. Only charged me for the other items I ordered. Wish companies outside of the reloading world would treat consumers with that much respect.

r1kk1
06-11-2014, 10:50 AM

After several phone calls and emails I received my second replacement part today from RCBS. This time the box contained a new ( not used ) unit.

This has restored my faith in RCBS but way to much effort on my part.... One observation I will make in comparison with other reloading equipment manufactures this experience has been way to complicated ... And took almost 3 weeks.

If this had been a Lee warrantee replacement one email and the part would be at my door step in 3 or 4 days...

I have paid for a replacent parts from Lee on the few items I've had of theirs. They DO honor their 30-day money back which I've used several times - mainly pre CC presses and a few moulds. Way different company than green or blue. Did NOT care for Hornady relating to the Apex press and the way it was handled.

Not bashing any company Beesdad, but I would not be happy receiving a used part. Mishandled and now corrected - the right way!

When I buy dies it's CH4D and RCBS unless the gunsmith uses a different brand for his wildcat. I do like wild kitties!

Take care

r1kk1

angus6
06-11-2014, 11:07 AM

Not from my experience with Lee ,
I sent a hand me down 10 -10 scale back to RCBS to be checked out a few weeks back , took 2 weeks from door to door but I received a brand new scale back

trixter
06-11-2014, 11:45 AM
Just an observation and a + for RCBS, I know that one of their policies is to get you back in business as quickly as possible. Keeping used, but serviceable parts to get you going again is a great idea. If I was In a pinch and it worked; OK.

Just my $.02.

pull the trigger
06-11-2014, 12:23 PM
Yeah I think it was fine as long as they will replace the used one they sent you when it lets go also. I bought my first scale used at a GS and it would not return to zero. Sent it in with a note and got back a spankin new unit. Hooked me.

EddieNFL
06-15-2014, 09:36 AM
Reading comprehension seems to be a lost art.

Beesdad
06-15-2014, 10:55 AM
Reading comprehension seems to be a lost art.
Thanks for the observation... I tried to give the details but it got lost in the translation..

Lloyd Smale
06-17-2014, 07:56 AM
it surpises me but it wouldnt bother me. Its not like its a wear item just a bit dirty like everything in my loading room. I guess my real opinion is that if its anything like the rcbs one i have sitting on the shelf here and it broke id have probably tossed it and bought a dillon