PDA

View Full Version : I want to air out some dirty laundry,

9w1911
05-28-2014, 05:59 PM
I have a girlfriend she lives in CA, I live in NV. She has a bothersome stalker ex boyfriend, he does just about all he can to get her attention. Today she filed a restraining order. Here is the kicker, today he threatened her that if she did file the restraining order that he would then call the sheriff on myself for having non CA compliant firearms.
I do not have any non CA compliant rifles. But I dont want to have the sheriff come over to even check, and in calling the dispatch today,what do they tell me: if they find the guns to be CA compliant I have nothing to worry about. LOL. I have to prove they are legal yet this loser can just harass me through the sheriff whenever he wants? Well thats just great. I cant even protect myself legally UNTIL he calls the sheriff and even then I have a weak case. Since when did jerks like this get the benefit of the law over someone like me? I cant even remember my last traffic ticket, Ive never been arrested etc.

Springfield
05-28-2014, 06:05 PM
If you live in Nevada what do you care what a California Sheriff Dept thinks? They aren't going to drive to Nevada to bother you. And I really think they aren't going to go to your girlfriends to check up on you just because this jerk calls them. Just make sure you REALLY don't have any illegal weapons here. It does suck, though, have to maybe prove your own innocence because of *******s.

9w1911
05-28-2014, 06:09 PM
I get it and I agree Springfield, I wanted to vent, and yes there are no illegal firearms at the house, I dont even know her ex boyfriend and could not point him out in a crowd or spell his last name, but he sure as hell can run this up the flag pole. Often times I drive to see her after I visit the range and there are times my non compliant AR is with me. This is not the case now and I will no longer bring it to the range that is near her house.

jcwit
05-28-2014, 06:21 PM
First you don't have any Calif. non compliant firearms

I do not have any non CA compliant rifles.

Then you say you do

visit the range and there are times my non compliant AR is with me.

Which way is it? Can't have it both ways.

searcher4851
05-28-2014, 06:22 PM
You live in Nevada. Your guns don't have to be CA compliant unless you bring them to CA. Just don't.
I'd be more concerned why her ex-boyfriend knows who you are. Stay vigilant.

9w1911
05-28-2014, 06:34 PM
Which way is it? Can't have it both ways.

Sorry if it was unclear, I do not have a non compliant firearm in CA it is currently in Nevada, I did however bring it to CA several times after a range visit, I will do so no longer. Again currently no non compliant firearms at her home in CA.

I am concerned he knows who I am. When she and I first got together he asked if we could all be friends and I said no, as he had already kicked in her door before(at 8pm, this was at a home she longer lives at or rents but he did do it) I met her and he had always sent her nasty texts and emails, today was the first time he mentioned doing something to me and that he knew I owned firearms.

southpaw
05-28-2014, 06:36 PM
You don't know him so maybe there is a chance that he is stalking you too? Might consider putting a restraing order agaist him yourself. I guess there is a chance he doesn't know just of you and what you like. My money is on that he knows you better than you would like.

Put the restraining order on and leave the noncompliant guns in NV.

Jerry Jr.

nvbirdman
05-28-2014, 06:37 PM
If he sends the police over to her house on a phoney charge like that, she can claim that is harassment, and a violation of the restraining order. It may not stick, but it would be nice to have it documented.

9w1911
05-28-2014, 06:42 PM
I agree Southpaw and I am going to file whatever I can

Love Life
05-28-2014, 06:47 PM
Sounds like you need to throw the dude a beat down. Just my opinion, and a far cry from what most opinions would be.

Mik
05-28-2014, 06:50 PM
Like searcher said, leave the non compliant guns in NV. First problem solved.

I doubt the CA sheriff would go through the trouble to obtain a search warrant based on a tip from a spited ex boyfriend. Without a warrant, they would probably ask for your consent to examine the guns.

9w1911
05-28-2014, 06:51 PM
Love Life I cannot tell you how bad this guy is a candidate for that.
Dude is total lowlife, pays no child support, owes alimony, multiple DUIs, great member of society.

9w1911
05-28-2014, 06:53 PM
Without a warrant, they would probably ask for your consent to examine the guns.

should this happen, would you do so?

firefly1957
05-28-2014, 06:54 PM
Good luck people like that are not good to be around if she is worth it try to get her to move out of California to be safer from the NUT.

southpaw
05-28-2014, 06:55 PM
should this happen, would you do so?

NO!!!!!

Jerry Jr.

9w1911
05-28-2014, 06:57 PM
Haha me either Jerry!!! and thats what is scaring me, I say no warrant no entry, they say can I see your guns, I say no, hmmmmm Truckee is a small town.
this sucks

southpaw
05-28-2014, 07:08 PM
Tell him that your lawyer advised you not to without a warrent. It would help if you know a lawyer too. Plus it would seem that if he called the sheriff after the restraining order was placed against him that it would be harrasment.

Jerry Jr.

9w1911
05-28-2014, 07:10 PM
I am in the process of hiring a local attorney.

freebullet
05-28-2014, 07:11 PM
Guess when he kicked her door in she should have eliminated the problem. If you somehow make it through the door with the wife home alone, I wouldn't want to be you.

If you file for a restraining order make sure you make note in it that he threatened to make bogus illegal firearms claims against you. That way if they show up to check your guns you will have grounds to have him arrested. I would have a real hard time not following love life's thoughts on your matter. That would however create more problems for you. He sounds like a poos poos, they like to learn lessons the hard way. Be careful.

9w1911
05-28-2014, 07:25 PM
that is what I said to her, good thing she did not know me when he kicked in that door,she really did not want him hurt, i said "maybe not kick in any doors that will get you shot" "oh no dont shoot him"hmm
There is a reason I shoot 150 rounds per week w the 1911 :) (I know I know I need to shoot more hahahaaha)

montana_charlie
05-28-2014, 07:35 PM
Dude is total lowlife, pays no child support, owes alimony, multiple DUIs, great member of society.
Who should he be paying child support to?

leeggen
05-28-2014, 07:45 PM
AAAAAAAAAUUUUUUUUU she doesn't want him hurt???? Sounds to me she just might still have some baggage she needs to get straight in her mind before you 2 get too serious. I'm not wanting to start an aguement but you need to protect you and she can protect herself under Ca. laws. Been where you are and it just won't get better but it will get worse most likely. JMO and 2C.
CD

9w1911
05-28-2014, 08:40 PM
leeggen unfortunately this is not my first time with this stuff so I am doing just what you said :) me first here

MtGun44
05-28-2014, 08:43 PM
Document all his harassment, and make sure the police know that you are
the one on the right side of the law. As a general rule, most LEOs (rightly)
divide the population into "the good guys" and "the bad guys". You need to
be absolutely certain that they can always be sure you are a good guy, so
staying squeaky clean is critical. Once it is clear to them that you and GF
are the good guys, they should start sorting out the jerk, and leaving you
alone. Make sure you never to ANYTHING that can be interpreted as blurring
the lines.

Bill

Garyshome
05-28-2014, 09:54 PM
Put the restraining order on and leave the noncompliant guns in NV. Better safe then sorry!

9w1911
05-28-2014, 10:03 PM
Will do
I really don't think we will last she has baggage she empowers him and is in denial
I just want to avoid it all now

762 shooter
05-28-2014, 10:06 PM
she doesn't want him hurt????

Drop her and make your life easier.

You are getting in between an enabler and a nut. Not a good place.

Love Life
05-28-2014, 10:08 PM
RUN!!!! Don't walk. RUN!!!!!

Heavy lead
05-28-2014, 10:15 PM
Amen bro. no doubt it hurts, but it'll hurt less now than later.

9w1911
05-28-2014, 10:15 PM
I agree
I wanted to thank you guys for the advice most of my friends are not as pro 2A as me and she hates firearms so they have zero value to her the process or act of moving to CA and registering my already registered firearms is no big deal, and suddenly the firearms "are more important" than her.
I really didnt have many people to get advice from other than Calguns LOL :) and ya'll

DougGuy
05-28-2014, 10:20 PM
I would be out of that sit quick.

Love Life
05-28-2014, 10:22 PM
I would be out of that sit quick.

I'd already have me a new girl friend...in Nevada. Either that or I'd be on the way to the...umm....ranch!

shoot-n-lead
05-28-2014, 10:25 PM
Seriously, think about the advice given here about moving on with your life.

You seem to be sharp guy, don't get tangled up in a situation that will cause you grief for years to come or at worst, could get you into serious trouble.

Good luck with this and I am sure you will make the right decision.

chboats
05-28-2014, 10:36 PM
one thing you should be aware of is that many police departments in CA take the attitude, when it comes to firearms, confiscate and let the courts determine if it is legal or not. Even if it is a legal firearm you may never get it back. Don't know about the Truckee.

Mumblypeg
05-28-2014, 10:42 PM
Hey, If she doesn't like/care about firearms..... well that's reason enough to say goodbye.... Just my thoughts....it would never work anyway....

TXGunNut
05-28-2014, 10:49 PM

Good advice. Is this woman worth a possible felony arrest? If you want drama watch daytime TV. These two deserve each other.

9w1911
05-28-2014, 10:52 PM
not the first time I have been told to run from a girl, after you hear it a few times in life its obvious who is telling you the truth

jonas302
05-28-2014, 10:58 PM
If you still go to CA get a disposable 110% compliant carry gun no reason at all to risk having an illegal weapon there ex boyfriend or not If the police come over invite them in make them see what a nut job they are dealing with

Sweetpea
05-28-2014, 10:58 PM
I'd already have me a new girl friend...in Nevada. Either that or I'd be on the way to the...umm....ranch!

Gee Dick, what ranch?:guntootsmiley:

OBIII
05-28-2014, 11:00 PM
As stated above, "hates gun" + Pro 2A = messy divorce.

OB

Love Life
05-28-2014, 11:01 PM
Something you can see in the moonlite...

cainttype
05-28-2014, 11:07 PM
If the guy is that no good, that useless.... What was she doing with him to begin with???
I'd be thinking, right about now, that nobody I'd have any connection too would ever have had a close connection with such a low-life.
Run for your life...while you can.

Newtire
05-28-2014, 11:24 PM
I guy I worked with had all his guns taken by the Hayward (Heyweird) p.d. when his wife called them and told them that she was afraid. I got called in by a lieutenant because I had traded one of these guns to him. The P.D. wanted to know if this was the gun I traded to him. This was back before the private transfer of guns was regulated. Way it was is that unless you have a receipt for the gun, the cops there take your guns and keep them for themselves. Happened to my wife's uncle in Santa Rosa too. They took away a .44 mag S & W and used (to their advantge) the fact that he died of cancer. In the "confusion", they lost the .44. and parts to other guns.

Don Purcell
05-28-2014, 11:27 PM
Make yourself wild, happy and free and un-*** the A.O. immediately and don't look back. Their are thousands of other women out there than to have up with this son. This is going to sound crude but it's true - the power of sexis a mighty thing that can cause a man to make unreasonable decisions (think about all the wars that have been caused by it). If you god forbid find yourself in some situation with the courts because these two crackpots you can bet your housecat that they will be back together while your setting with your lawyer wondering what the hell happened. Run son, RUN!

Superfly
05-28-2014, 11:27 PM
Run Forest RUN Never Stick you buisness in crazy sounds like she has it and Nothing is worth it Specially a nut job Ex boy friend. Break it off clean and regroup. save the lawyer fees for a NFA trust.

9w1911
05-28-2014, 11:41 PM
she is no where near one of my ex's who truly was the devil, but this was the first time in any social situation I have had where I actually feel threatened that my firearm ownership may become in question it sux

*oh yeah I love firearms more than her lol

anyway Im going to the range for a long time tomorrow

jsizemore
05-29-2014, 12:55 AM
Here's the part I don't get. If she files the restraining order, how does he know what you have if he can't be around her? Ever play Poker and call a bluff? Go to the Police/Sheriff ahead of time and let them know the score. If your willing to give her up, you got nothing to lose. Call.

9w1911
05-29-2014, 01:05 AM
I believe he is bluffing, and she has no contact with him that I know of, and no one has seen what or knows what I own, members here know more about the firearms I shoot than she does. I think word got out last weekend, he got info from her friend that i am avid firearms and NRA member and he is using this. Final straw for me she has to file the order or I am 100% gone. Having to possible prove and even speak to leo about this infuriates me to no end.

starmac
05-29-2014, 02:09 AM
How does a guy go about getting a girlfriend without her knowing he is into guns?? I mean there has to be something common besides the sack, or it isn't much of a relationship, or at least I don't think it would be.

JesterGrin_1
05-29-2014, 03:09 AM
How does a guy go about getting a girlfriend without her knowing he is into guns?? I mean there has to be something common besides the sack, or it isn't much of a relationship, or at least I don't think it would be.

Your Age is showing lol.

But I have to agree Run Forrest Run. :)

Shepherd2
05-29-2014, 07:48 AM
Run and don't look back.

oneokie
05-29-2014, 08:24 AM
Gentlemen, you can do better in responding to threads like this one.

runfiverun
05-30-2014, 12:37 PM
I'll clear up Nolan's meaning.
it is the use of %^&@*** to circumnavigate the language filter.
think about the words before you type/submit them.
swear words, even in cartoon [or asterisk] form will not be tolerated........period.