PDA

View Full Version : Bullet moulds for the cimarron 56-50 spencer

Buckshot Bowman
05-27-2014, 05:56 PM
Hello Lads,
After waiting a full year, My Spencer carbine is on it's way from cimarron
I was able to find 100 rounds of Starline brass, but I am at stand off on dies and bullet molds
I am not sure who makes better dies for this round, if anyone has a suggestion, let me know

As to bullet moulds I am looking at the RCBS and Lyman. The lyman has three narrow grease grooves and appears to have a narrow meplat for this round. The RCBS has one large grease groove and a fatter blunt nose. Both throw around 350 grains.

Anyone with experience with these? before I plunk down even more money on this gun. The $1425 price tag was enough to blow a hole in my gun budget for the next year.

Thanks,

buckshot

5.7 MAN
05-28-2014, 07:21 PM
I have the lyman, it doesn't carry much lube. I have no experience with the rcbs, I may look into it as my lyman throws out of round bullets.

mikeym1a
05-28-2014, 09:18 PM
If you know what you need, why not look at what NOE had to offer. Cheers!

Buckshot Bowman
05-28-2014, 11:46 PM
I have the lyman, it doesn't carry much lube. I have no experience with the rcbs, I may look into it as my lyman throws out of round bullets.

Almost every mould throws out of round bullets, that's what a sizer is for, unless you have a really bad mould.

DB

Cast Bullet Engineering
05-29-2014, 02:53 AM
I've made a couple of these for 56-50 shooters before if it's any help?

DC

http://www.castbulletengineering.com.au/bullet-moulds/rifle/50-calibre/512-340pb-single-cavity