PDA

View Full Version : Which Members Make Swaging Dies

Bonz
05-26-2014, 03:08 PM
With all the skilled members in our site that post about creating items with lathes, I find it difficult to believe that we have only one member that makes swaging dies that turn old brass cases into jacketed bullets. Does anyone know of any other members that are making these custom die sets ?

Wayne Smith
05-27-2014, 10:45 AM
There have been a couple over the years who tried. I don't think anyone else was able to keep tolerances.

sprinkintime
05-27-2014, 10:58 AM
With all the skilled members in our site that post about creating items with lathes, I find it difficult to believe that we have only one member that makes swaging dies that turn old brass cases into jacketed bullets. Does anyone know of any other members that are making these custom die sets ?

There is probably quite a few people that make there own dies including myself, but we only make them for our self, to much time involved and to big a pain to sell them. Sprink

Chuck_ls
06-23-2014, 10:17 PM
I totally agree with Sprink, I make dies, top punches, and molds for my own use, but it is just not worth the headaches to try and market those items. I have a day job that pays the bills, and I do the other stuff for fun.
Chuck

jmorris
06-24-2014, 08:16 PM
Anyone want to share dimentions of dies that work?

I have had a passing interest in making some, in a "have at least one of everything" way and access to CNC lathes.

Some time ago I even tried to see if I could get a member to send me some bullets made from the method but didn't find anyone that would.