PDA

View Full Version : What is a 94 Winchester 30-30 worth?

Crash_Corrigan
01-12-2008, 08:28 PM
I backed into a deal for a 94 Winchester 30-30 (1929) with a low serial number. It is in good condition. The wood is perfect. Mechanically very good with a very light and smooth trigger. The bluing is about 86 % or better but the flat sides of the receiver are blotched and ugly but not rusty. No saddle ring. Per website of Winchester the weapon was made in 1929 according to the serial #.

I got the carbine and a Baker "Batavia Special"shotgun in 12 gauge side by side for $300. This is not a Damacus barrel, good bluing and mechanically sound. Hammerless and some engraving on the sideplates. I learned how to shoot a shotgun with this same gun that my dad had and I thought I did ok on the deal.

My buddy is lusting for the carbine but I do not know the value of the 30-30. Anybody out there a carbine maven with a good idea of values? He is trying to tell me that these weapons are losing value recently. Somehow I am thinking that he is snowing me?

I have no plans to sell it as I will moving back East this spring and Deer season is fast approaching and this is the perfect gun for that part of the world. I already have ordered two molds and the dies for reloading this antique.

dubber123
01-13-2008, 12:33 AM
Send it out to me, I'll uh, "inspect" it for you and uh, get right back to you with a value. Yeah, thats it. Can't guarantee a return time though.

jh45gun
01-13-2008, 02:23 AM
You stole it for that price considering it was a two gun deal. Not sure what that shotgun is with out looking it up but even if it is a damascas wall hanger they go for at least a 100 bucks to hang on the wall. So 200 bucks for a pre gun made in 29 like I said you stole it. Wish I could find a deal like that.

MT Gianni
01-13-2008, 11:49 PM
If that gun is losing value it is dropping nickles after going up by 100's when Winchester announced the closing of its NE Plant. If he really wants it and you are OK with selling it ask for the average of 2 or 3 appraisels at gun shops you pick. Gianni

RU shooter
01-16-2008, 07:47 PM
I have one like it but its a SRC in 32 spl. with rear ladder sight made in 1928-29 ,If its in similar condition as mine and sounds so, the appraisals I got last summer on for insurance purposes averaged $600-850 from some knowledgeable winchester guys might be worth more if you found the right buyer who needed older carbine for a collection? that is as long as its all original and has'nt been messed with in any way .

S.R.Custom
01-17-2008, 01:35 AM
Let me put it this way-- I'll give you $325.00 for it... ;)

jballs918
01-18-2008, 11:38 AM
crash i got a 32 ws in something of teh same type, the bloches are very common on the reciever. it is from the metal that tehy used. mine was a 1935 model 64 that was a premade. i got mine priced at around 800, mainly becuase of teh config that is was in. so 600 to 800 is not out of the range of possiablities