PDA

View Full Version : Teflon patch material

drago9900
05-25-2014, 08:46 PM
Anyone know how you put teflon on the material? what type of teflon and where do you get it?

johnson1942
05-25-2014, 11:43 PM
if you want a alternative to teflon do as i do. make your own patches and rub in lee/s alox. let them dry good, they will get tough and stiff. then when they are real dry i rub in thompsons bore butter and let that dry. i make my patches out of cotton pillow ticking and take a standard diam round patch for the cal. your shooting and use that diam. and then make mine square. i used to spend extra money for real linen but with this method my .45 round ball gun is a consistant tack driver. the patches get prtected so much i could recover them and shoot them again which i dont do. if your useing a powder that leaves a residue, whipe between rounds. ive recently switched to blackhorn 209 powder with magspark nipples. with this type of patch, a ball 5 thousands under top of lands diam. and 209 powder, i can shoot all day very accurately. their is a spray that you can use to spray cloth to make it water resistant and that may be what your looking for. i have a can but never used it as this method i now uses works perfectly for me. it also worked when i was shooting real black. i know im out of the groove when i went this way. however it is a lot more fun for me and ive paid my dues with years of real black.