PDA

View Full Version : ML shoot today

waksupi
01-12-2008, 06:41 PM
Well, we didn't have many show up to shoot down at the river today. However it was a rather civilized group, as only one brought along a cap gun. The rest of us were shooting smoothbore flinters, and made the rifle guy hang his head in shame.
We shot for a couple hours, and then had some coffee and grub around a campfire. Very nice day, all in all.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v490/waksupi/club3.jpg

RayinNH
01-12-2008, 08:36 PM
Damned heathen 8-)...Ray

wolfspotter
01-12-2008, 08:37 PM
Looks like you guys had a great time! Reminds me of the time I took my son camping and we spent the night in an old forest ranger cabin a few miles back on top of a mountain in the Adirondacks. The next morning my son told me he was sure someone was peeking in the window during the night and I assured him that there wasn't anyone for miles. We were finally off the mountain and a couple miles from the car we noticed an Indian coming up the trail.
Told him that my son felt he was being spied on during the night and he said there were about sixty reactors spending the weekend in the area. He laughed as he told us about the hunter sitting on watch on a tree stump. Figured he'd had too much to drink the night before after seeing a British soldier walk past him, red uniform, musket and all.

mazo kid
01-14-2008, 01:44 PM
Ric, what was the temp there?

waksupi
01-14-2008, 10:18 PM
Ric, what was the temp there?

Very nice day, Emery. Around the mid-30's. This may be our January thaw.

flintlocknfur
01-21-2008, 02:44 AM
When did Jack become "civilized"?

JeffinNZ
01-21-2008, 05:01 AM
Fantastic photo.

I get a huge amount of satisfaction out shooting the cap guns with my flinter. Can't see caps catching on just quietly................[smilie=1:

waksupi
01-21-2008, 10:57 PM
When did Jack become "civilized"?

Looks like we have another local guy showed up. No doubt some trap robber, if they know Jack. Who be you?

flintlocknfur
01-22-2008, 02:05 AM
Trap Robber?? I just hand out free jewlery, steel wrist bands..

Boushie, formally of Eureka, now entrapped in the heart of eco-liberal-terrorist activity. Aka south of Missoula.

Wandered here trying to find a decent light smokeless 45-70 load.

Guido4198
01-22-2008, 07:03 AM
[QUOTEWandered here trying to find a decent light smokeless 45-70 load.[/QUOTE]

What boolit you want to shoot...what do you consider "light". ??
One that I like is an approx. 400 gn. Lee(#90374) over 45 gn. IMR 3031.
Out of my Guide Gun, it shoots a single ragged hole @ 50 yds, and 1.25 in. @ 100. Cast hard...( harder than necessary),,,it goes through our Southern Whitetail from front to back.
Hope this helps....
Don

waksupi
01-22-2008, 08:37 AM
Trap Robber?? I just hand out free jewlery, steel wrist bands..

Boushie, formally of Eureka, now entrapped in the heart of eco-liberal-terrorist activity. Aka south of Missoula.

Wandered here trying to find a decent light smokeless 45-70 load.

Welcome aboard! May you fight your way free of the greenies.

I would just imagine you will find plenty of the type info you are looking for. You may want to fire up a new topic. There is a lot of .45-70 topics already here, and another will be welcome.

enjoy!

waksupi
01-22-2008, 09:11 AM
Jeff, like you, I'm sure they are a passing phase.

Beerd
01-22-2008, 04:13 PM
Yeppers, caps are just a fad.

And how about them fellers that go and plow furrows into a perfectly good barrel!

Leatherbelly
02-10-2008, 02:41 PM
Waksupi,
E-mail sent. Good to see smoothguns are alive and well in Montana! Soon as I find a couple RB molds,I'll be back in business.