PDA

View Full Version : Finally got around to it.

Bullshop Junior
05-25-2014, 03:22 PM
Finally got around to cleaning my gun room. How does it get so messy.....we shall see how long it stays clean this time. I think I have mess gremlins hanging out in here when I am gone...

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/05/26/yjy2yzym.jpg

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/05/26/bu5atavu.jpg

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/05/26/8e9ete5e.jpg

thekidd76
05-25-2014, 03:39 PM
They must come to my house after they mess yours up!

1989toddm
05-25-2014, 04:22 PM
Looks good!!

DCM
05-25-2014, 05:22 PM
Just way too clean.
Is that ceiling really low or is the bench really tall?

Bullshop Junior
05-25-2014, 05:24 PM
Both. Bench is built to me and I am 6'9". The ceiling is low. I hit my head on that dang fan all the time.

starmac
05-25-2014, 05:27 PM
Now you need to come clean up mine, geesh it is a mess. lol

Bullshop Junior
05-25-2014, 06:20 PM
How is it a big mess? We didn't build it all that long ago lol.

DeanoBeanCounter
05-25-2014, 07:26 PM
I not only have gremlins but I have two cats. You'd be surprised at what comes up from the basement.
Dean

starmac
05-25-2014, 07:39 PM
How is it a big mess? We didn't build it all that long ago lol.

Well how did yours get messy, we built mine way before you built yours. lol

Bullshop Junior
05-25-2014, 07:40 PM
Well how did yours get messy, we built mine way before you built yours. lol

This is true.

Bad Water Bill
05-25-2014, 07:40 PM
Next picture we will see the gun room will be carpeted wall to wall and curtains and drapes will be covering the windows.

Next to come is a table cloth covering HER reloading bench.

Great job cleaning up Amanda.[smilie=s:

petroid
05-25-2014, 08:14 PM
Gee, I wish I had a gun ROOM! I have a small bench in the garage and a cabinet in the bedroom.

BNE
05-25-2014, 08:16 PM
Nice set up. I find myself cleaning and organizing the bench every time I load. Helps me think.

starmac
05-25-2014, 08:33 PM
Nice set up. I find myself cleaning and organizing the bench every time I load. Helps me think.

So do I, but it isn't to think. It is so I have enough room to do anything. lol

AkMike
05-25-2014, 08:38 PM
Now you need to come clean up mine, geesh it is a mess. lol

Ditto!!! Anytime you feel ambitious feel free to have at it. :-P

DHurtig
05-25-2014, 11:34 PM
This is my mess gremlin and her name is Rylee. I call her my tiny tornado and the name fits. She was actually born during a tornado and I think it follows her to this day. She dismantles her swing set, she drags the patio furniture all over the lawn and I found the 10 foot dog cable strung across the corner of the chain link fence with every clothes pin we own clipped to it. She is 6 now and I fear what she will be capable of when she gets bigger!

http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e69/c_latrans/Picture402_zps6d9b9ee4.jpg (http://s37.photobucket.com/user/c_latrans/media/Picture402_zps6d9b9ee4.jpg.html)

Oh and for those of you with no appreciation for art, that is a tropical fish she is holding. See, I new you'd get it eventually.

Garyshome
05-25-2014, 11:35 PM
Too nice for me, I could never find anything!

WILCO
05-25-2014, 11:39 PM
See, I new you'd get it eventually.

I knew at first sight. Had plenty of those drawn for me many, many moons ago.

WILCO
05-25-2014, 11:48 PM
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/05/26/yjy2yzym.jpg

Bench looks good, but I'd remove the lead and casting equipment from the apartment.
As a tenant, it may prove costly for you at a future date if discovered.

Bullshop Junior
05-25-2014, 11:50 PM
Bench looks good, but I'd remove the lead and casting equipment from the apartment.
As a tenant, it may prove costly for you at a future date if discovered.

Why is that?

starmac
05-25-2014, 11:53 PM
I'm curious too?

WILCO
05-26-2014, 12:18 AM
Why is that?

He may have legal recourse against you, if he's found liable, and it's discovered what your activities were in a bedroom of a "future" little Johnny.
Nothing says "reality check" like being sued for damages. It always behooves oneself, to be aware of legal liabilities in the America of today.
My advice is free and valuable. Proceed as you wish.

http://www.legalmatch.com/law-library/article/landlord-liability-for-lead-poisoning.html

Landlord Liability for Lead Poisoning

Can My Landlord Be Held Responsible for Lead Poisoning?

It is possible for a landlord to be held responsible for the lead poisoning of tenants. However, liability is unlikely unless your landlord violated the rules laid out by Title X of the Housing and Community Development Act of 1992.

What Does Title X Require for Landlord Liability?

Title X requires your landlord to provide you with the Environmental Protection Agency's (EPA) pamphlet: Protect Your Family From Lead In Your Home' or a state approved equivalent before you sign or renew a lease or rental agreement. Title X also requires that both you and your landlord sign a disclosure agreement that proves your landlord informed you of any lead-based paint or other lead hazards on the property.

What Happens if My Landlord Violates Title X?

If your landlord is in violation of Title X, he can be fined up to $10,000 for each violation. If your landlord is found to be liable for your injuries resulting from lead poisoning, he can be liable for up to three times the amount of damages that you actually suffered.

Does Title X Apply to All Properties?

No, there are many exceptions to Title X. A few of the exceptions include the following:
◾Buildings on which construction began after January 1, 1978
◾Buildings that are certified to be lead-free
◾Vacation rentals of 100 days or less
◾Single rooms rented in a residential dwelling
◾Buildings that are designed for persons with disabilities, unless children under six live there
◾Retirement communities, unless children under six live there

Are There Other Times When My Landlord Must Inform Me of Lead Hazards?

Landlords must inform their tenants of lead when they perform renovations on buildings that were built before 1978. Your landlord must provide this information 60 days before the renovation begins. If the renovation takes place in a common area, the person performing the renovation must provide notice to all tenants informing them of where and what kind of renovation will occur and the dates of when the work is to be performed. If the renovation takes place in a rental unit, the renovator must provide the tenants with a copy of the EPA pamphlet mentioned above.

Do I Need a Lawyer for My Lead Poisoning Problem?

Landlord-tenant laws are constantly changing and can be very confusing. An experienced landlord-tenant lawyer can help you determine if your landlord violated Title X and whether your landlord is liable for any injuries you may have suffered due to exposure to lead.

http://www.nolo.com/legal-encyclopedia/free-books/renters-rights-book/chapter7-2.html

Tenant Rights to a Livable Place

Landlords must provide tenants with a safe and livable rental home.

In almost every state, tenants are entitled to a safe and livable home, regard*less of how much rent you pay or whether your landlord tries to get you to accept a hovel. We’re talking about basic, important items such as a roof that keeps out rain and snow, hot water, heat, and sturdy floors and walls that aren’t in danger of imminent collapse. This list of necessary features includes the absence of significant danger from lead, asbestos, and, most recently, mold, plus reasonable protection from criminal intrusion. If the landlord refuses to provide or repair these aspects of your home, you may, depending on where you live, be able to:

•withhold rent

•pay for repairs yourself and deduct the cost from your rent

•sue the landlord, or 

•move out without notice and without liability for future rent. 

Your right to livable housing has a lofty-sounding legal name: You’re *entitled to the benefit of the landlord’s “implied warranty of habit*ability.” This means that, whether she knows it or not, your landlord has promised you a livable place simply by renting it to you. This basic right originated in court decisions in the early 1970s. By now, all but one state (Arkansas) has embraced this notion, either by decision from their highest court or by statute.
 And even in Arkansas, some cities and counties have enacted ordinances that come close to establishing the same standards.

The Implied Warranty of Habitability

So what does it mean to say that your landlord is expected to fulfill an implied warranty of habitability? It means that the property owner must:

•keep basic structural elements of the building, including floors, stairs, walls, and roofs, safe and intact 

•maintain all common areas, such as hallways and stairways, in a safe and clean condition

•keep electrical, plumbing, sanitary, heating, ventilating, and air-conditioning systems and elevators operating safely

•supply cold and hot water and heat in reasonable amounts at reasonable times

•provide trash receptacles and arrange for trash pick-up

•manage known environmental toxins such as lead paint dust and asbestos so that they don’t pose a significant danger

•in most states, provide rental property that is reasonably safe from the threat of foreseeable criminal intrusions, and

•exterminate infestations of rodents and other vermin.
 In virtually every state, these rights are yours, no matter what the landlord has asked you to sign or agree to. (In narrow situations, landlords and tenants in Texas and Maine can agree that certain habitability requirements will be the responsibility of the tenant.) In other words, the landlord cannot shrug off these responsibilities in a “disclaimer” when the tenancy begins. And he can’t effectively ask you to waive your right to them. (Any so-called waiver will not be upheld by a court.)

starmac
05-26-2014, 01:17 AM
Landlord/tenant laws differ state by state. I can't see Daniel ever being sued over having lead in a rented house, but I am not a lawyer. Here the landlord can rent you a tent, if you will rent it. There are quite a few rentals with no running water and equipped with an outhouse you can rent. lol

Bullshop Junior
05-26-2014, 01:19 AM
I'm not leaving a huge trace of lead here. It will be well cleaned before I leave. Which may be fairly soon..

MT Gianni
05-26-2014, 11:30 PM
I believe the lead laws apply mainly to paint. 1978 was the last date it was allowed in paint.

MBTcustom
05-26-2014, 11:45 PM
If they only knew what went on in my apartment when I was renting. If they only knew.......
Suffice it to say that the landlord never fixed anything while I was living there, and I never gave a reason for them to enter my cave, and they never did. I'd have been kicked out for sure.
First thing they would have seen was my Rockchucker strapped to the kitchen counter/table/desk/bar thingy along with 10 pounds of powder stacked just to the left, and probably about 50 pounds of boolits, bullets, and shot. Spent primers all in the carpets.
Then there was the time I punched through my bag target with my compound bow and stuck an arrow in the wall........
Lord those were good times!

Love Life
05-26-2014, 11:55 PM
The 1st thing the landlord would have seen in my 1st apartment was a 5 ft tall beeramid (pyramid made of empty beer cans).

Bullshop Junior
05-27-2014, 02:16 AM
I'm not that bad. We live in a trailer and I just have the room on the end for gun stuff. I try to keep it clean. The doors and windows are always shut and blocked though to keep people from seeing. My landlord reloads so he should understand but my neighbors.....called the cops on me once for cutting up a dead body (hog) on my tailgate in the front yard and another time because I fired ONE shot out the back door with a 22 mag to take care of a troublesome racoon...

Bullshop Junior
05-27-2014, 02:17 AM
The 1st thing the landlord would have seen in my 1st apartment was a 5 ft tall beeramid (pyramid made of empty beer cans).

That as high as your vertically challenged self can reach?

Bad Water Bill
05-27-2014, 02:31 AM
...called the cops on me once because I fired ONE shot out the back door with a 22 mag to take care of a troublesome racoon...

Are you sure you live in Texas?

A friend in Indiana was visited by a county sheriff because of SHOTS FIRED (ours)

The sheriffs answer to the caller was "That is the sound of freedom, get used to it"(they just moved in from Chiraq).

Bullshop Junior
05-27-2014, 02:34 AM
I have no idea where these people are from. Black man, fat white woman, five kids, and a beat up minivan with a Obama/Biden sticker on it.

AkMike
05-27-2014, 02:58 AM
Sounds like former Chicago residents. [smilie=b:

DaveInFloweryBranchGA
05-27-2014, 10:11 AM
My landlord reloads so he should understand but my neighbors.....called the cops on me once for cutting up a dead body (hog) on my tailgate in the front yard and another time because I fired ONE shot out the back door with a 22 mag to take care of a troublesome racoon...

I had a friend had a bunch of liberal neighbors that were a pain in his rear and he loved to hunt. One night, in the woods adjoining the neighborhood, he got out and shot 3 deer the same night with a bow. Woke me up outta bed to come help him clean them and pick up some venision.

We were finished with two deer and were working on the third when the cops showed up to investigate, having been called by the very much shocked neighbor lady who was riled for us cleaning bambi on the tailgate of his truck. Both cops were hunters and we had a good conversation with them about the over growth of deer in the local area and how the herd badly needed thinning for health's sake. Since we were in violation of no laws, the police left.

As they were preparing to leave, the liberal woman couldn't help herself and came outside to confront the bambi killers. It was hilarious to watch her become furious and turn red when the police told her we were in violation of no laws and were actually doing the local deer herd a favor making the herd more healthy.

The back strap steaks off that last deer were delicious, made better by the experience.:)

On a more serious note, you might want to pick up a powerful air rifle that's quiet to eliminate yard pests with. One the neighbors can't hear. These days, there's an excellent selection of potent air rifles for such applications in .22 and .25 calibers. Zap the pests with the libs none the wiser.

Bullshop Junior
05-27-2014, 10:21 AM
I like pissing of libs. It's perfectly legal to use my 454 on possum, which I do.

Love Life
05-27-2014, 08:12 PM
That as high as your vertically challenged self can reach?

Math miscalculation on the amount of beer that needed to be drank.

TXGunNut
05-27-2014, 10:58 PM
I figure my loading room will need new carpet and a little scrubbing when I move on. Small price to pay, IMHO. I knew that ceiling fan would be trouble the moment I saw it, Daniel. ;-) Just re-did my gunroom closet, now maybe I should straighten up my benches. Still won't look as nice as that.

dakotashooter2
05-28-2014, 09:49 AM
Both. Bench is built to me and I am 6'9". The ceiling is low. I hit my head on that dang fan all the time.

Saves on the cost of haircuts.................................

Bad Water Bill
05-28-2014, 10:22 AM
Saves on the cost of haircuts.................................

Only if Amanda loves BUZZZZZZZ cuts.:smile: