PDA

View Full Version : SS Media Tumbler

firewalkerd1
05-25-2014, 10:52 AM
I am building a wet ss media tumbler. Is there a formula for brass to media amounts? I guess the amounts would be by brass size and weight, not sure. Any other advice or tweaks on building a wet tumbler would greatly appreciated. I have watched videos and read post and not clear on the ratios.

blikseme300
05-25-2014, 03:11 PM
The more pins you have the quicker the cleaning, IMHO.

I like to build stuff but I settled for 2 Thumlers HS model B's as the time and cost to build a tumbler was not worth it for me. I use 8#'s of pins in each tumbler and 2 hours is enough for cleaning. I use 2 timers to control these units as I forgot once to turn a tumbler off and the brass was ruined after 3 days tumbling.

mold maker
05-25-2014, 03:27 PM
Depends on how much brass at a time and how big the tumbler is.

JASON4X4
05-25-2014, 03:35 PM
I built one like big dawg tumblers and only have about 115 invested in making it. I did make large pvc tubs and have ran one weighed about 75 lbs fully loaded I don't remember how many pins I had in it but is was over 25 lbs worth.

firewalkerd1
05-26-2014, 10:51 AM
The big dawg style is what I'm looking to build as for the cost I have every thing but the block bearings which I found real cheap. I guess the thing to do is the trial an era method on the media formula. I do like the timer ideal. As always every one has been helpful. Thanks

Bonz
05-26-2014, 10:57 AM
I was told and have seen that you need more Stainless Steel pins, by weight, than the brass you are cleaning. I have 17 pounds of SS pins in my tumbler and clean up to 15 pounds of brass at a time.