PDA

View Full Version : Herters shotshell reloading miscellaneous

MarkK
05-24-2014, 03:18 PM

Recent find... Mismatched 20,16,12 and 10 ga die parts, holders primers. Not sure what the thing with the black knob is; anyone? The piece with the wooden dowel will screw into any modern press.
Would like to piece together a complete set up for 12 or 16 ga just don't know what a complete set loks like. TIA!

LUBEDUDE
05-24-2014, 05:35 PM
Mark, I don't think you have a full set, but hard to tell.

In the first pic, on the left bottom is your shell holder and above that is a set of replacement wad guide fingers. If the size is not on the box, it is hard for me tell without holding them. I maybe could tell from a Birdseye view of the hole next to a coin.

The wooden rod is wad guide that screws into a standard die hole. I never have seen that particular one before.
A total shot in the dark dumb *** guess on the black knob tool with the clamp is that maybe a die screws into the big hole into the press and you have a fishing fly vise???

Pic #2: those dies are hard to tell with the ends covered and not being able to see inside.

Pic #3: that odd cast piece is your primer rod holder and feeder (non shot shell). A regular 7/8 die holds goes through the hole into the press to hold the primer rods in place. Herters presses only.

Hope this answers some questions.

MarkK
05-26-2014, 11:25 AM
Thanks for your response. Looks like I have a 20 and a 16 ga wad guide fingers. Shell holder for 16 and 10 ga. In the second pic (starting at upper right); heavy tube marked 12 ga tapered at on end covered with hardened plastic. I suspect this is for sizing a 12 ga? At 6 o'clock. it looks to be for 20 ga with female threading on one end. Heavy steel tube with flange at one end (upper left) looks like it would slide into a spent 12 ga but box is marked type 16. This also has a hardened plastic coating on the end for protection. I may just end up selling the items and buying stuff I can use.