PDA

View Full Version : Coolest Hand Cannon I've Seen...

1989toddm
05-23-2014, 12:24 AM
http://bondarms.com/bond-arms-handguns/ranger-ii/

dtknowles
05-23-2014, 12:31 AM
To each his own, to me only accurate firearms are interesting, well actually all firearms are interesting but accurate ones are more interesting. Cool is being able to hit targets at a great distance.

Tim

leftiye
05-23-2014, 04:28 AM
Good luck! My 9mm derringer is a real joke as far as accuracy is concerned (not to mention plenty of recoil already. A .45 colt would be ridiculous).

Cmm_3940
05-23-2014, 05:14 AM
Looks like those 'derringers' are as big as a full size pistol.

Bullshop Junior
05-23-2014, 12:49 PM
To each his own, to me only accurate firearms are interesting, well actually all firearms are interesting but accurate ones are more interesting. Cool is being able to hit targets at a great distance.

Tim

Hitting targets is no problem if the target is the side of a mountain. The real trick is hitting small targets at eye squinting distances.

dtknowles
05-23-2014, 01:25 PM
Hitting targets is no problem if the target is the side of a mountain. The real trick is hitting small targets at eye squinting distances.

Touché, I agree with this valuable insight.

Tim

bedbugbilly
05-23-2014, 02:33 PM
I've seen these over the years and while they are reminiscent of the old Remigton - to me, they are strictly a 'belly gun" for up close shooting. They might have a "cool look" but I don't believe I'd be too happy with the recoil - but I'm old and my hands are old. If it was strictly for SD - I'd be more comfortable with more than two shots. That said, I carry a Smith 36 J frame with 5 shots and I'm completely comfortable with that. For the price shown - I would personally be more prone to spend the $ on a good J frame. For a back up to a main carry - maybe. But I know I wouldn't be using it much for range shooting.

tek4260
05-23-2014, 03:57 PM
If you are buying it to look at you will be satisfied with it. If you handle it, shoot it, ect, you will be sorely disappointed.

littlejack
05-24-2014, 01:54 PM
A few years back, I bought a Bond in 45 acp at my LGS. I couldn't wait to try it out. Big disappointment.
At 7-10 yards, the two slugs hit about 12" high. I immediately took the piece back, and after the month long fight they refunded
my money. Just my .02. Wouldn't buy another one.
Jack

44MAG#1
05-24-2014, 07:06 PM
I most certainly don't call that a handcannon. I had one in 45 Colt/410 and most assuredly wont buy another. While well made it is not accurate and quite pricey for what one gets.

canyon-ghost
05-24-2014, 09:08 PM
105930 My answer to that. I really wanted one of these little Sig Sauer P938s. When I got the chance to buy one, it was mine. I've broken it in, it shoots lead just fine nowdays. They are a little tight on tolerances and come with full night sights. Best little packin' gun I've tried. It's blocky because it's rated for +p loads also. I use Hornady Critical Defense 9mms. It fits about any pocket and goes everywhere. Capacity is six rounds.

It takes some pistol technique to shoot accurately but, I get this at 15 yards (8" targets). 105931