PDA

View Full Version : job prospects

woodsxdragon
05-22-2014, 02:27 PM
Bid on a mechanical maintainence job at the factory I'm at but a friend had me put in an app where he works at for electrical.
Higher wages where he works at. They laid off a few people during 2008. Basically operators.
But where I'm at has been stable for 140 years. Haven't had a layoff since 1940s I think.
Anyways I took both skills tests and heard back from friends employers. They offered me a job. My company is dragging their feet right now. Im asking for prayers to help me decide.

Bullshop Junior
05-22-2014, 02:37 PM
That is a tough decision!

country gent
05-22-2014, 02:38 PM
Starting over is a big choice to make, especially if you have many years of senority where your at. Its hard to give up vacationtime and benifits earned thru senority. Then there is also the "comfort" factor, as time goes on you become comfortable with the company, employer, job. Back in 97 I left my job of 18 years ( restructuring reductions had me working production instead of tool and die maker and a $3.00 and hour pay cut as well) I decided this was unacceptable with wife and 3 children so started looking around to see what was available. I went to a new job ( farther drive) and almost a $10.00 hour raise better benifits and was treated much better on the job than before. Talk to your friend and maybe to your bosses and see whats what and make as informed a decison as possible.

missionary5155
05-22-2014, 08:36 PM
Good evening
Will pray God gives you that wisdom.
It it not easy to walk away from years of service. An old friend once asked me.. "Is there a Biblical reason for this move ?" Certainly are more important issues than just money. Our decision cost us alot. But God also made it all up.
Mike in Peru

woodsxdragon
05-23-2014, 10:46 AM
Well the good thing is i'm only 24, well 25 on monday, and i've only been at the one company for about two years so it's not a huge start over, but it's still a lose of some vacation days and seniority. Im kind of hoping one of the two can't meet my requirements on the offer so it simplifies it but we'll see. gonna be a long with my birthday and this decision.
Thank you all for your prayers.

Wayne Smith
05-23-2014, 07:29 PM
So you are balancing company stability with short term gain? If there is room to advance where you are I'd go with the stability! Prayers coming, God's wisdom is better than mine and He knows the future!