PDA

View Full Version : Just too old to remember??? Lee collator!

HardColt
05-22-2014, 09:27 AM
Hello! Been so many years gone by and can't remember if there is such a thing as a small case collator for a Pro1000? If you plan to load .380 or 9mm or does the small case tubes adapt to it? I can recall, changing tubes and case feeder & Z bar. That's as far as my recollection goes. Thanks.:?:

tazman
05-22-2014, 09:52 AM
Yes, there was one. I used it for 38 special. And you are right, it has been a lot of years. I had mine over 15 years ago.

HardColt
05-22-2014, 10:09 AM
I just can't remember if the collator needs to be change with the appropriate tubes to fit the case feeder. I'm trying to help my cousin on what to get from FS or Titan. I used to reload on my Pro1000 but have switched exclusively on my Dillon Square Deal B and just reload 45 ACP now when I am back home stateside. Thanks

VHoward
05-22-2014, 10:33 AM
There is only one collator now. To do 9mm with the current collator, drill a hole the size of a 22lr case in the center of a penny, stick the 22lr case through the hole and that assembly will fit in a hole that is in the center of the collator top. This will restrict the openings where the cases fall in and will greatly reduce the number of cases falling in the wrong side down.

HardColt
05-22-2014, 11:27 AM
Thanks for the reply. I never drilled mine but I will do that when I have a chance. The tubes are replaced by smaller tubes if I remember or maybe not. Is there are smaller tube sets for the case feeder?

VHoward
05-22-2014, 07:09 PM
I've only seen one size in recent years. Good for anything up to 45acp diameter. It just doen't do well with smaller cases unless you modify the red dish part.

HardColt
05-23-2014, 01:09 PM
Thanks. Did advice my cousin to use aluminum tape and just use the 9mm diameter base to punch the holes for it. I recall even using the collator for the 45 ACP's some of the cases end up wrong side up in the tubes.

44Vaquero
05-23-2014, 09:32 PM
The "Fender Washer Umbrella" shown in the attached picture will end upside down cases forever. It's easy and cheap to make all you need is a 1/4-20 bolt (2 inch will work) 2 1/4-20 nuts and a fender washer. The washer is set to be just higher than the case being loaded. This work's for all pistol cases.

Those of you who are using the "penny" or "washer" mod to reduce the size of the holes will like to go to the bushing method. The bushings are made of 1/2" lengths of 1/2" ID clear vinyl tubing. Its OD is a perfect light press fit into the holes. Install the disk and pour the brass directly on top of it and it will deflect the cases away from the holes and prevent any of them from entering the tubes upside down.

These 2 modification's when done in conjunction will greatly improve the reliability of the collator when loading smaller calibers.

105860 105863

VHoward
05-23-2014, 09:38 PM
Awesome!