PDA

View Full Version : Gen. 4 Glock barrel

JMtoolman
05-22-2014, 09:22 AM
I was cleaning my wife's Glock last night and to my surprise it was rifled with standard type rifleing. Six lands and not polygone either! I thought all Glocks were poly style rifleing. Can we shoot cast bullets in this barrel? The toolman.

Love Life
05-22-2014, 09:47 AM
Did you buy it used?

kweidner
05-22-2014, 10:33 AM
My gen 4 is poly. Must be aftermarket.

osteodoc08
05-22-2014, 05:52 PM
Doubtful it came that way from the factory. Can you post a picture?

JMtoolman
05-23-2014, 09:37 AM
This was a brand new gun about eight months ago. It came as a special buy with three mags, plastic case, clip loader, four different backstraps, cleaning rod, brush, and all the manufacturing info. It was not a used gun. Got it from a local gun store. It is six lands and groves, standard type riflling. Barrel is marked with the serial no. of the gun, and has the Glock logo and 9 X 19 on the top of the barrel. Intresting indeed! I was concerned about using cast in it and that was why after reading all of the information on Glocks on this site, was surprised to find a standard barrel in it. As for posting a picture of the barrel, I haven't been able to figure out this new computer and how to do it. The toolman.

10milg29
05-23-2014, 02:21 PM
"The barrels of all .45 ACP Glock pistols feature octagonal polygonal rifling rather than the hexagonal shaped bores used for models in different chamberings.[48] Octagonal rifling provides a better gas seal in relatively large diameter rifled bores, since an octagon resembles a circle more closely than a hexagon."

If it's a .45, there should be 8 instead of 6.