PDA

View Full Version : u get fn 5.7 or sig tac ops or ?

mrk_86
05-19-2014, 12:39 PM
I'm in market for a new gun have about 1200 saved up and I like too many so looking for some opinions from owners of fn 5.7, sig tac ops or mk11, or others similar.. sorry not looking for glocks just don't feel right to me and my 26 never gets shot

roysha
05-19-2014, 01:00 PM
Well, I don't know if this is "similar" enough for you, but the 22 TCM is an absolute fun gun, plus it comes with a 9mm barrel. It comes in well under your budget which would allow for dies, cases and any upgrades you might want, even a 37 gr. bullet mold from NOE which casts the proper profile bullet for this round, either PB or GC. Since the cases are just super shortened .223 REM there is never a concern about brass, if push comes to shove, as is the situation with the 5.7. Also no hassle about getting the polymer coating off the case of the 5.7, at least that's what the big boys tell me.

mrk_86
05-19-2014, 01:35 PM
wow awesome suggestion! do u have one?

ebner glocken
05-19-2014, 02:58 PM
I don't own a TCM but it does sound interesting. I do own a five-seven and it is w/o a doubt a nitch gun. Ammo is kinda on the spendy end for what it is. You have to clean your brass in a solution of simple green and water. Simple tumbling doesn't work with the coating. This isn't a chambering that is for the novice reloader by any means. There's very little data out there for it. All that being said I do like mine but I wouldn't recommend it to anyone that has other needs that have not been met yet.

Ebner

Jupiter7
05-19-2014, 05:50 PM
$1200 is pretty good 1911 money. The RIA 22 TCM would be fun too. There's some very nice CZ's in that range too, CZ shadow comes to mind. Visit CZcustom.com.

mrk_86
05-19-2014, 06:18 PM
i have an s&w e-series 1911 already….the tcm is pretty tempting as of now as i do love the 1911 platform! cz is an option as well not many lgs to hold them and see how they feel though

roysha
05-19-2014, 07:59 PM
Yes I own one and am in the process of working loads using the NOE mold cast bullets. Obviously, there is, (when they are available) quite a number of jacketed projectiles that will work but I like the idea of the cast bullet and since they can be driven at, or near the same, velocity as jacketed, why not. Haven't been overwhelmed by the accuracy so far but I have just begun to work up loads so am optimistic.

I really think you will enjoy it if you opt for one.