PDA

View Full Version : Taurus Tracker .45 acp

Ilwil
05-18-2014, 02:30 AM
When I learned about these years ago, I looked for a bought one. I has been a very good piece. I noticed not long after though, that this particular caliber was discontinued by Taurus. I never have been able to find out just why. Does anyone have an informed say as to why it was discontinued? My guess is that the full moon clips that came with the gun were too flimsy (as they seem to me) and the company had complaints about them. Or were there inherent problems with the gun I'm not aware of?

dubber123
05-18-2014, 10:44 AM
Your guess about flimsy clips is as good as any. A moon clipped .45 ACP is a great combo. The one I have is a S&W 625, and it really is a great gun/caliber combo. I wonder if the aftermarket might make a better quality clip now?

osteodoc08
05-18-2014, 01:49 PM
They probably discontinued it to produce more high demand guns.

I would have really liked to of tried the titanium 41 they put out. For the price of one on gunbroker currently, ill pass.

tejano
05-18-2014, 02:24 PM
I had the 45acp tracker for awhile but never got to the point where I shot it well so it became trade bait. I also wanted one in 41 mag but never saw one at my LGS.