PDA

View Full Version : Can these 1903 a3 be repaired ?

Sagebrush7
05-17-2014, 02:49 PM
SARCO is offering three dofiferemt 1903 A3's. Can they be repaired by a gunsmith? Add states
No FFL or NICS required

These rifles have been modified to prevent firing so they are free to sell without any NICS check or licensing. Cleared by ATF as free to sell. From the outside you cannot tell these rifles have been changed except for a small weld spot on the cut off. These

rifles are perfect for a gunroom or store display, reenactors, enhancements for your military vehicle, or just WWI & WWII nostalgia. A perfect gift for a youngster who is not old enough to have a firing military rifle. All parts function and click perfectly

except the bolt stop. * 1903’s have WWII style trigger guard and bands.

The modifications are to the bottom of the receiver ring and are not visible. This is your chance to acquire an authentic original U.S. G.I. WWI or WWII in collectible condition without the burden of a gun purchase and at half the price of a shootable rifle.

Note: These rifles are not the rough guns as they came out of the arsenal as some sell. Each gun is built up in our shop.

Great for use at reenactments or military vehicle events as there are no security concerns. These guns are not thrown together out of reject parts as some others offer. All parts are in excellent condition and exposed barrel and receiver have been reparkerized.

These are quality guns and come from original G.I. surplus rifles. A few parts are current blue print production to enhance the rifles appearance. Get yours now while still available. Limited supply.

Not for Sale in Puerto Rico, NY, MN, WI, KS, CT, MA, or CA

seaboltm
05-17-2014, 04:45 PM
Couldn't say for sure, but I highly doubt it. ATF is very picky. I am sure these have been welded somehow internally. We carried drill rifles like these years ago in the Navy. The barrels were filled with lead, their was welding internally to keep them from working. From the outside, they looked fine. And the lead was a great extra feature, making marches even more fun!

WILCO
05-18-2014, 01:15 AM
Some years back, the shotgun news featured a .22lr Springfield made from a drill rifle.
The work involved was extensive, but not impossible.

WILCO
05-18-2014, 01:25 AM
http://www.thefreelibrary.com/What+can+you+do+with+a+drill+rifle%3F+Part+1%3A+th e+army+deactivated...-a0198472746

What can you do with a drill rifle? Part 1: the army deactivated thousands of M1903 Springfields for ROTC units. Now you can buy them, but what do you do with one? Coffield shows how to make one into a bolt-action .22.

lefty o
05-18-2014, 01:27 AM
if the ATF has given the ok to sell as a non gun, there has been more done to them than just the magazine cutoff welded.

zuke
05-18-2014, 07:31 AM
Weld in the chamber and weld barrel to receiver pretty well pooch's a quick easy fix.

30calflash
05-18-2014, 07:54 AM
Ive seen the cutoff's welded, probably done by the gummint. Usually the boltface has a glob of weld where the firing pin should protrude, no firing pin and in some they drove a steel rod into the barrel from the breech end. Upon removal of one it appeared to mess up the bore some, not enough to be a safety hazard but enough so that it would probably not shoot well.

JSnover
05-18-2014, 08:14 AM
Maybe. But it would a lot easier and a lot cheaper to buy a functional rifle. They're pretty specific about how they de-mil guns, making it pretty near impossible to fix them.
There were some "re-mil" Garands on the market but they were considered unsafe.

curator
05-18-2014, 08:39 AM
These have the rear locking surface in the lower receiver milled out. Not possible to restore them to shooting. I bought two of them to strip for parts since I already had good action and bolt. You can ask for Smith Corona or Remington. They are a good deal if you add up the parts' cost individually.