PDA

View Full Version : I could use a little lifting up

Wayne Smith
05-17-2014, 08:47 AM
Two weeks ago today I was digging in the back yard and felt something pop in my right hip. Thursday (10 days later, Lynne points out) I went to see the Doc. She Dx's a gluteal tear, orders x-ray and Stat MRI and prescribes methylpregnazone reducing dose, Flexoril, and I had Norco from oral surgery.
Yesterday I get a call with the results of the MRI. 1) small tear right at the hip joint, 2) severe arthritis of the lower back, and 3) probable slipped disk.

All the reading I have done suggests that the tear will heal, treat the pain (it hurts to sit, not good in my business!), unless there are disabling symptoms the body will reabsorb the disk, and I need to find out what to do with the arthritis other than be careful. Lynne knows a therapeutic masseuse and I know a physical therapist. I have an appointment with the Doc. Monday to get the full lowdown.

I hope I have all the bases covered. God does the healing.

wch
05-17-2014, 10:20 AM
Whatever you do, regard surgery as a LAST option.

missionary5155
05-17-2014, 05:49 PM
Good afternoon
Will pray God does heal.
My wife and I take Glucosamine for arthritus. Places like Puritan Pride sells this bulk at reasonable prices. Since we started near all my symptoms are gone along with the "ouch". I had limited left shoulder movement, wrist pains, finger jointsneck pains..... and back to at least 95%.
I also take a Vit. B pill twice daily. It all helps my battered body.
Mike in Peru

Charlie Two Tracks
05-17-2014, 09:13 PM
Done Wayne.

44minimum
05-17-2014, 10:15 PM
Prayers are not a problem, sending them your way.

Bzcraig
05-17-2014, 11:13 PM
Prayin that as you do your part, Lord will do His as only He can do!

AlaskanGuy
05-17-2014, 11:17 PM
Sending up prayers my friend.... Hope you feel better soon sir... In the mean time, get some Relefan for the arthritis... It works.. Takes a bit to get going in your system, but it works.... Just ask your doc about it... And it wont tear up your stomach like some anti inflams...

Bless you sir...

shoot-n-lead
05-18-2014, 12:33 AM
Prayer sent for you.

GOD bless.

WRideout
05-18-2014, 06:34 AM
You are in my prayers.

Wayne

fivegunner
05-18-2014, 06:56 AM
Prayers on the way, I am in the same boat. hope to see the doctor this week, I can`t stand the pain.

Wayne Smith
05-18-2014, 07:17 AM
WCH - since the tear is right by the joint no way I'd agree to surgery, nor my doc. Symptomless or minimal symptom back problems do heal themselves. I'm glad God let me know early in the process and can learn how to change how I do what I do to help.

Mike, I've been taking glucosamine/chondriatin for a good fifteen years. It was my knees then, probably close to bone on bone and I was walking with a cane. Haven't used the cane in years and only use knee braces when we go hiking in the mountains.

Refelan, eh? I'll check it out.

I thank all of you for your prayers. They do help.

smokeywolf
05-18-2014, 07:24 AM
Real sorry to hear of your difficulties Wayne. I'm very familiar with your situation. Ruptured disc in the lumbar region, torn the cartilage in both hips. Arthritis in most joints. You're going to have to have a lot of patience on the healing of your hip. Both times it took me 6 to 8 months before I was able to move without using extreme caution. One wrong move and you undo 2 weeks to a month of healing.

Your dead on with pursuing massage. Pain relief is shorter lived than with the Norco, Percocet or Oxy, but no bad side effects. Best results for me has been from anti-inflammatories and massage.

smokeywolf

country gent
05-18-2014, 07:40 AM
You have my prayers and are in my thoughts.

mold maker
05-18-2014, 07:42 AM
Prayers sent.
Aint getting older, fun.....

w5pv
05-18-2014, 09:00 AM
Going through the hip pain stuff myself,prayers sent that you will be relieved from your pain.

Wayne Smith
05-19-2014, 12:42 PM
Saw my MD today. She is most concerned about the disk because it is pressing against the spinal sac and possibly causing some of my pain. She is scheduling a lower spinal MRI and wants me to see a very conservative neuro surgeon she knows to go over that MRI and what needs to be done. She tells me that the disk can be pushed back in place by chiropractic or physical therapy. I'm guessing chiropractic therapy is the best choice for that.