PDA

View Full Version : Beane/Hollywood Decapper

Char-Gar
05-16-2014, 01:45 PM
With the purchase of a small lot of old reloading tool, I ended up with a Beane's Decapping Pin. Before there was dedicated decapping dies there was the Beane. It went into a Hollywood seating die and did heavy duty decapping. It is a 30 caliber measuring .305 on the shank with a pin thicker than today current pins. The Beane pin measures .070. The shank of a #50 wire guage drill bit measures .070 so there are the replacements if one is needed.

Back in the day, military crimped in primers were removed with a base and punch situation to keep from bending or breaking the pin in the reloading die. The Beane's pin turns the Hollywood seater into a heavy duty decapping system that is quicker than the base and punch and not as fragile as decapping with the resizing die.

Having an abused orphan Hollywood 30-06 seater at hand, I rehabbed the die, installed the Beane's pin and proceed to decap a number of Lake City 30-06 cases with crimped primers. Easy peasy with the Beane's pin. Anyway here is a seldom seen blast from the past for your pleasure.

LUBEDUDE
05-16-2014, 06:10 PM
That's pretty slick CG!

I never heard of the Beane before. Thanks for the info and the pics!

engineer401
05-18-2014, 10:54 AM
The Beane pin measures .070. The shank of a #50 wire guage drill bit measures .070 so there are the replacements if one is needed.

Large CH and RCBS decapping pins are 0.070".