PDA

View Full Version : Loading .223 on my Hollywood "Tall Boy" Senior!

seagiant
05-15-2014, 12:26 PM
Hi,
Was loading some ammo this morning for my AR-15 and thought I would take a few pics. I am using a press I bought from a Gunsmith friend of mine that had two of them and decided to sale me one! This was after a year of begging on my part! (Well,,,I've begged for other things before!)

This was an Aluminum Hollywood "Tall Boy" Senior that I cleaned up. I got a universal "J" shellplate adapter from CH4D and was good to go! I also took some pics of other equipment used in the process. Single stage loading is how I started and for rifle is the way I enjoy loading!

LUBEDUDE
05-16-2014, 06:17 PM
Looking good there Seagiant -

Old School all the way! :drinks:

seagiant
05-17-2014, 02:04 AM
Hi Lube,
I don't know what I'm up to, just reloading and thought I would take some pics! I love using this old stuff and if you buy it down in the mouth and clean it up it's even better!

I wish others that use the older presses and equipment would take some pics and share their set ups!

MDphotographer
05-17-2014, 08:00 AM
I have shared mine! lol

seagiant
05-18-2014, 11:43 AM
Hi,
Nice set of presses there!!! There are still a couple of presses I have not owned yet and would like to try but they are not cheap now and with the new surge of reloaders coming into the game are not getting any cheaper! I miss a LOT of presses on our favorite action site as I will only go so far and there all ways seem to be deeper pockets!

LUBEDUDE
05-18-2014, 01:16 PM
Sorry that I don't share with pics as much as I used to. My computer that allows me to do so is 8 yrs old and dying fast. I have switched to an iPad which does not let me post pics the way i did before which WAS SIMPLE. I'm not going the photobucket route.

seagiant
05-18-2014, 01:27 PM
Hi Lube,
I just wiped my computer and went with a free Ubuntu Linix set up as my old Windows program was ate up with malware after about 7 years of use. I like the Linux OS and it has given me back my speed and no malware problems now! Doubt I will ever use a Windows OS again!

LUBEDUDE
05-18-2014, 02:33 PM
Hi Lube,
I just wiped my computer and went with a free Ubuntu Linix set up as my old Windows program was ate up with malware after about 7 years of use. I like the Linux OS and it has given me back my speed and no malware problems now! Doubt I will ever use a Windows OS again!

Hmmm, going to have to look into that.