PDA

View Full Version : master caster

sportslube
05-14-2014, 07:13 PM
I am looking for a master caster by magma. any body have one in good working condition, they would like to sell.
sportslube@aol.com

RedHawk357Mag
05-15-2014, 08:10 AM
You know I OFTEN wonder where those things go. I don't think I have ever seen on ebay, have looked on cragslist and Arms List. Never see them. While I don't often do newspaper and thirty nickle kind of stuff, I don't see them in there either when I do. There are a couple sites that have built similar ones but I really don't think I got the skill to do that...yet. That new price is sort of scary isn't it?

sportslube
05-15-2014, 08:59 AM
called magma yesterday to try and order a set up. I would be 101 in line and at least 20 weeks out to get one. the other 100 are paid for and when they get made they will ship. and the 11k set up has back orders on them. still looking to buy one.

Tazza
05-15-2014, 05:39 PM
I actually got mine from ebay a good 12 years ago now from Canada. The seller was nice enough to ship it to me all the way to Australia. I have never seen one since. I think i paid about $400 for it, plus $200 in freight over the pond. It owes me nothing with how many projectiles it has cast for me.

Looking at it, i believe i could build one from scratch, it wouldn't be the same, but i think it would do the job. Jmorris has proven that one could be built, i think he just looked at one and went from there.

RedHawk357Mag
05-15-2014, 05:45 PM
Holy Smoke who knew!! That is truly amazing and good to hear for them. That's great stuff! I sure would like to pick one up one of these days.

Tazza
05-15-2014, 05:51 PM
They are a fine machine, even more so if you automate it.

It was well used when i got it, i have cast at least 33,000 125gr conical 9mm projectiles with it, it's not as fast as you may think, but it is very easy to use. I can actually cast faster with two 6 cavity lee molds, but it does a number on your hands after a few hours.

sammorgan3
05-15-2014, 06:18 PM
Wait till the ammo craze is over... When Jim Shmuck Everyday can sleep at night without cuddling his black rifle, and he can buy ammo at Walmart again, lots of stuff will be for sale.

shoot-n-lead
05-15-2014, 07:33 PM
I have seen several on Craigslist in the last 3 months.

They are out there...just have to look regularly using one of the search engines.

sportslube
05-15-2014, 08:53 PM
i will check that out thanks
bill