PDA

View Full Version : Micro Lube

Lonestar22
09-10-2005, 08:11 AM
Hello to All,
Has anyone used the bullet lube Micro-Lube? It is an Alox free lube that requires some heat, and was sold through Gil Hebard. You input on this would be appreciated.
Thanks,
Tim

MOA Shooter
09-10-2005, 02:15 PM
Hello to All,
Has anyone used the bullet lube Micro-Lube? It is an Alox free lube that requires some heat, and was sold through Gil Hebard. You input on this would be appreciated.
Thanks,
Tim

http://64.233.167.104/search?q=cache:gvPOOXgHG3sJ:www.sizingdie.com/stdprice1.htm+Micro-Lube%2Bbullet&hl=en

Stillwell sells it too. Be interesting to hear what's in it.

MOA.

Buckshot
09-11-2005, 03:23 AM
...........Lonestar22, welcome to the board. I know Dean Grennell liked it, and that would be good enough for me on the face of it. He and Gil Hebard were good buddies too, for whatever THAT may be worth. They apparently did much gun trading back and forth.

.............Buckshot

Denver
09-11-2005, 06:47 AM
I bought two Star sizers about a year ago and with them was a couple sticks of Micro Lube that I've since used. Does a fine job as far as I can tell. There is also a box of 12 sticks of Perfect Lube that looks to be the same. The label says , Processed by Cooper-Woodward, Riverside CA.
Nothing on the lable about alox. I think I may have the label from the Micro Lube somewhere. I'll look for it.

Ron

I meant ot add that this stuff "bleeds" an oily liquid that I haven't experienced before. Have to wipe off the sizer occasionally and clean it up. Could be I need to back off the pressure screw when it's not in use.

John F. Lang
09-11-2005, 06:51 AM
I have made about a zillion stcks of MicroLube as I used to own the company.
I sold it back to the original owner, my mentor and an excellant gunsmith.
If you want more information, send me a PM and I,ll get with you. I still use it myself if I use a lubrasizer.
Best bullet lube in the world and entirely alox free. At least the original formula is.
J. Lang

9.3X62AL
09-11-2005, 11:49 AM
Welcome aboard, Mr. Lang!

50&10x
07-28-2008, 06:36 PM
I have made about a zillion stcks of MicroLube as I used to own the company.
I sold it back to the original owner, my mentor and an excellant gunsmith.
If you want more information, send me a PM and I,ll get with you. I still use it myself if I use a lubrasizer.
Best bullet lube in the world and entirely alox free. At least the original formula is.
J. Lang

Hi John, do you still offer this lube? I purchased some in a yard sale one day and I'm a believer. I would like to buy more or know the formula to make more.

Thanks, Jim

runfiverun
07-28-2008, 09:02 PM
50-10 you may wanna try to p.m. or e-mail him
as this post is near 3 years old.

Cherokee
07-29-2008, 01:30 PM
I used that Perfect Lube and still have several cases. Good stuff but messeeey,