PDA

View Full Version : Loading Data Nobel Sports Italy powder

schraubermani
05-12-2014, 07:10 PM
Hello,

i am about to buy a bunch of NSI shotgung powders i would like to use for pistol cartridge loads.
The powders are named S4/GM3/Tecna.
Does anybody know where to find a suitable burning Chart so i can find out to what powders from other manufacturers the nobel powders are compareable to?

Thanks a lot!

4060MAY
05-13-2014, 04:14 PM
Here you go..do not remember where I got this

schraubermani
05-13-2014, 05:04 PM
Thanks a lot for your effort.
Unfortunately the list seems to be too old, the actual nobel Powders are not listed.

Best regards

dancingbear41
05-13-2014, 05:19 PM
I have been using GM3 for over 30 years. First to reload shotgun shells, through pistol ammunition and now carbines (what we have in the UK). It is an excellent and economical powder. I use it a great deal for subsonic .30 carbine loads but it will do all pistol calibres quite well up to mid range loads. It is a tiny bit faster than Unique. This link may help.

http://www.tiropratico.com/htm/tabelle_comparative_polveri_2011.htm

Good luck.

Simon.

schraubermani
05-13-2014, 07:00 PM
Thanks a lot for the link, this helps.
Is nobel Sport and SNIA similar in burning rates?
They have the same product names for their powders.

Best regards

trapper9260
05-15-2014, 06:47 AM
Thanks for the link it will help if there is any of the powders show up here in the US and can go from there to use it.because there is not much of some of the powders that are on the list. Thank you

dancingbear41
05-17-2014, 02:58 AM
Of the powders you are considering I have only used GM3. I have used SNIA GM3, made in Italy, for many years. I have a number of new tubs made by Vectan (Nobelsport) in France. I will use the same loads I always have when I switch to it, being aware I may need to tweak it a little. I will stress that although I begin my load development by looking at loads using Unique as my guide I do not approach maximum loads. For mid range, cast bullet pistol loads it is a clean, economical powder that meters well through the powder measure. I thoroughly recommend it.

dancingbear41
05-17-2014, 03:19 AM
I've just found some old data that used to be given out along with the powder (late 80's, early 90's). I scanned it as a PDF so I hope it works. It should give you some idea of where to start.

Simon.

dancingbear41
05-18-2014, 02:19 AM
Somewhere else to look http://www.lhs-germany.de/en/powder/loading-data-download/ They have a lot of reloading information although not with the powders you are thinking of. However they are more in your neck of the woods so they may be able to shed some light.

Simon.