PDA

View Full Version : Dog people and any one with compasion Please pray for Daphne.

1911sw45
05-12-2014, 03:32 PM
I need every one to pray for my little Daphne. She took ill on Friday morning. She started vomiting bad and tried to poop but nothing came out. So I thought she was impacted so I gave her an enema and all she done was pass the water from it. So I call my vet and and he told me to take all her water and food away and give her Pepto Bismol. And of she no better bring her in the the morning. That morning she did not vomit so I thought she was doing better. Then at 10:30am a gave her some water and five minutes later, she started vomiting again. So wife and I, loaded her up in the truck and took her to the vet. They said the would have to keep her over the weekend and would start test and xrays on her in a few mins and call me when they find out any thing. Hour later I get a call from the vet. She does not have any blockages that show on the xray and she had a elevated some thing and her white blood cells are start to raise. And she had Pancreatitis (sp) and they would giver her IV fluids and IV antibiotics. And see where she is on Monday. At 9:00am this morning I get a phone call from the vet, saying she is not better and still vomiting. That since she is still vomiting she may have a blockage that did not show on the xray. And he normally would give a baraim contrast, but since he was going to open her open up and did not want any thing to leak out. Surgery this afternoon. So I go see my little girl took her out side and I just loved on her and rubbed her stomach while she laid her head on my leg. about 30 mins later they came and got her for surgery. and they would call us when they find some thing out. about any hour and a half I get the call from the vet with an update. There was no blockages and her Pancreas was about 10 times larger than normal. Which he said it the worst one he has ever seen. With abscesses every where. With one on her intestine which was attached to her Pancreas, which he can not remove. No all he can do is change the Iv antibiotics and hope for the best, its going to be touch and go the next couple of days. So please pray for her and the guidance of the vet. I really cant bear the thought of losing her so quickly. Dont know what I am going to do about the bill that coming with this, I dont have it and can only pay a little at a time. But she is just like my own kid, I cant just give up on her. Here is her picture.

Thank you,

Adam

OeldeWolf
05-16-2014, 01:08 AM
prayer said, is there an update?

1911sw45
05-16-2014, 03:40 PM
I got a call from the Vet tech this morning. She said that Daphne is still pulling strong. The gave he food and water by mouth and she has not vomited it up. Still on IV antibiotics. If she keep improving like she has and is able to hold down her food and water she may be able to come home Monday the 19th. I have been calling every day checking up on her and plan on going to see she again tomorrow the 17th for a little while. She sure is missed around home. I am not able to work and she is my companion when my wife and stepson are not home. I have caught myself calling for her to come to bed at night. It's been empty her not being here.

So Thank you for all that has prayed for her. I seen a lot have looked at the post but has not posted. I believe that is in my first post about her, it sounded like I was trolling for money. In not way form or fashion was I. It was on my mind when I posted it and I just had to vent. If i have in any way form or fashion hurt anyone please I did not mean to and I am sorry.

Thank you,

Adam

Finster101
05-16-2014, 03:55 PM
Adam you have my best wishes for Daphne's recovery. When I lost Star I cried like a baby and didn't care who saw it, so I know how much you can love a dog. Some are just special.

wch
05-16-2014, 03:59 PM
Hooray for Daphne!

DeanWinchester
05-16-2014, 04:39 PM
Ever wondered why 'dog' is 'god' spelled backwards?
God didn't make a dog until about the eighth or ninth day. He was sitting back looking over all he had done. He took a look at woman, the help mate he made for man, then said to himself "Aw shucks, I can better than that." Thus was born mans best friend and the only creature to routinely exhibit the purist examples of unconditional love.

God be with you Daphne.

1911sw45
05-16-2014, 05:30 PM
Finster101, yes some dogs are just special. She came as a drop off at a friends and she stayed there 3 days and has been with me ever since. She has also claimed the hearts of the people at the vets too.

DeanWinchester, You sure got a chuckle and a smile from me. I could believe that. But I also have a great loving wife too HE blessed me with too, just took 3 others first..lol

Again Thank you all fro praying for Daphne I know it has worked. As the Vet said this was the worst case he has ever seen and did not think she would make it pass the 2nd day after the surgery.

monmouth
05-16-2014, 05:43 PM
It's amazing how strong and resilient dogs are and it's great to hear you love her as family. I hope that she comes home soon. As far as the money, I've been there with vet bills and if you can pay it down over time, it will hurt. However, when you see her tail wagging and that look thanking you for helping her, the payments won't hurt as much.

You're a great dog daddy and post a pic when you two reunite at home.

1911sw45
05-20-2014, 09:33 AM
Update: DAPHNE is HOME as of yesterday evening. She was quite glad to see us at the vets office. They took her off all meds last Friday. She has not vomited once. She is very upbeat. Just have to watch out for diabetes. She goes back in a week to get her stitches taken out. She slept next to me all night. I was squished between her and my wife. I am so glad to have her home, i very much missed her while she was gone.

DeanWinchester
05-20-2014, 09:57 AM
Dog can heal from the most horrific wounds.....IF they have a reason to. That's exactly what you're giving her, a reason to fight. Good on you.

woodsxdragon
05-20-2014, 02:50 PM
That's really good to hear.

AlaskanGuy
05-20-2014, 04:38 PM
Sir,

Blessings that your dog has been healed... You have been blessed.... Just remember, that many folks read you posts, and i bet that every one of them also remembered something that happened to one of their pets.. I bet each and every one also said a silent prayer for you and your pooch... Even the ones that didn't post.... I know that i did....

AG

crazy mark
05-20-2014, 11:49 PM
That is excellent that your dog is doing good. God takes care of all animals.

9w1911
05-20-2014, 11:54 PM
Thats great news!!!!!

shoot-n-lead
05-20-2014, 11:56 PM
Prayer sent for the pooch.

wallenba
05-20-2014, 11:58 PM
Pancreatitis is a scary one. My dog Lola had it, not as bad as Daphne I think. She spent a week at the vet's. On her most critical days one of the techs there spent the night at the office watching over her, she was a true angel. Made sure I gave her something extra for that.
With pancreatitis it seems to get bad before you know they are sick. Dogs are good at covering pain and not complaining.

rondog
05-21-2014, 12:49 AM
My Beagles and I are glad to hear she's getting better!