PDA

View Full Version : Master Caster Suggested Mods?

evil5826
05-12-2014, 02:42 PM
Any one got any tips or mods they have done for the cast capturing once they have left the mold. I need to properly separate the sprew left overs and bullets once dropped from mold.

And any other help full tips to swap molds out quickly instead of using a roll peg.

HATCH
05-12-2014, 05:18 PM
I sort after they cool and I use the factory setup to retain molds

kayak1
05-13-2014, 08:54 AM
And any other help full tips to swap molds out quickly instead of using a roll peg.

What's the issue with the roll pins? Using the roll pins to swap the molds takes 15-30 seconds to swap a set out.

LAH
05-13-2014, 08:59 AM
2 pieces of cardboard clipped to the divider, one on either side with 2 small containers [I use boxes] sitting back to back with one divider lapped into one box & the other divider lapped over the other box & you're done. This same principle can be carried far as you dare go. A friend used pieces of down spout to extend the path of the bullets & sprue into containers located under his bench.

ReloaderFred
05-13-2014, 10:20 AM
I built a three sided frame for my Master Caster to sit on out of 2X8 wood, with the open end at the front. Then I built two wooden boxes to slide under it, one for the bullets and one for the sprue. About every 50 or 60 casts, I empty out the sprue box and put that sprue back into the pot. I empty the bullet box every other cycle, which means roughly 200+ bullets.

The bullet box ends at the bottom of the steel chute, or just barely past it, so the bullets drop right in. I've added a sheet of cereal box cardboard to the bullet box to direct the bullets toward the back of the box so they don't get all piled up on one place.

There are a lot of solutions, but this one is what I settled on and it works for me.

Hope this helps.

Fred

rodsvet
05-13-2014, 07:12 PM
Reloaderfred, how about a pic?? Rod Ps, what part of the Oregon coast are you in if you don't mind? My wife and I love Cannon Beach!! Rod

sportslube
05-14-2014, 07:25 PM
any one have a master caster for sale?
sportslube@aol.com

jmorris
05-15-2014, 02:11 AM
I have a divider in my baskets so the sprue falls on one side and the bullets on the other.

The basket came from the container store the divider is held inplace with safty wire.

It's not a real master caster but I built it from photos I found of one. I thought they were all like that.
http://i121.photobucket.com/albums/o213/jmorrismetal/caster4.jpg

LAH
05-15-2014, 12:16 PM
That's a nice set up.

Powersgt
05-21-2014, 05:55 PM
1"x3/16" Stainless steel pin to hold in molds and I use a retaining clip to hold the pin in. I will have to look up what type I use.

https://www.grainger.com/product/Clevis-Pin-2XAV3?s_pp=false

evil5826
06-04-2014, 03:41 PM
1"x3/16" Stainless steel pin to hold in molds and I use a retaining clip to hold the pin in. I will have to look up what type I use.

https://www.grainger.com/product/Clevis-Pin-2XAV3?s_pp=false

Thank you !