PDA

View Full Version : This months Handloader

Bret4207
09-10-2005, 06:17 AM
The latest Handloader came in the mail yestersay. It's up in quality. 2 or 3 articles on cast boolits, and the others are good too. Get this- the closest they come to talk about the latest 338 Super Short, Long Range, Magnum Wheatheroni blaster is the 300 Win Mag. Theres even an article on a 9.3 cartridge. Dep Al better take a gander. I may renew yet.

Buckshot
09-10-2005, 06:47 AM
...........Yeah, Dep Al was talking about the 44 S&W articles in it. Didn't say anything about the 9.3 though. MAybe he hadn't read back that far yet?

Maybe I'll have to put on my beret, and go to Barnes & Noble, have a Latte and check it out (that'll be the freakin day! The latte and beret that is) Our grocery store only carries a couple gun rags anymore.

.............Buckshot

NVcurmudgeon
09-10-2005, 12:39 PM
Trooper Bret, what month? Sounds like a must have! Is it too much to hope for that they've seen the light and want us all back?

Patrick L
09-10-2005, 12:48 PM
Yeah, Mike Venturino is on a kick about WWII bolt rifles, especially 1903 and 03A3 Springfields lately (not that I'm complaining.) He had a blurb or two about them in Shooting Times as well before he left there. Even though I've been aware of his writings since the mid 80s or so, I never really read his stuff before as I'm not really interested in BPCR or even much Western stuff. Lately, however, I've been enjoying these articles.

StarMetal
09-10-2005, 12:58 PM
Mike is still listed in Shooting Times staff, but I haven't seen him write anything in it for quite some time now.

Joe

C1PNR
09-10-2005, 06:12 PM
Trooper Bret, what month? Sounds like a must have! Is it too much to hope for that they've seen the light and want us all back?
It's the October issue, # 237. Just as an aside, the 9.3 article is about a new wildcat by Barsness and Sisk. They're calling it the 9.3 BS.:mrgreen:

9.3X62AL
09-11-2005, 12:07 PM
The issue I posted about was the prior edition, August 2005.

All this talk of berets and latte from Buckshot is scaring me a little. He got on a similar bent just before we went to Cedarville--wanting to take the VW convertible and wear a pink ascot or some such get-up. I think he has spent too much time on that graveyard shift he works.

I did just fine inside Barnes & Noble wearing blue jeans and a black "ALASKA TACTICAL" T-shirt. Its image is two polar bears with M-4's poised to assault an igloo. I think the tree huggers misinterpret the thing--it's an ad for an Anchorage training enterprise--but the weed eaters enjoy it.