PDA

View Full Version : Mother's Day Salmon and Veggies

Shiloh
05-12-2014, 09:58 AM
A little salt, pepper, and maple sugar on the salmon. Grilled sliced mini peppers, sliced mushrooms, fresh crushed garlic, avocado, green onion, spritzed with sesame oil and soy sauce. Then a nice piece of Ahi tuna with a dash of soy sauce.

Next time, a bit hotter fire for the tuna, and less time. It was slightly well done. I wanted a red center.

Shiloh

Changeling
05-12-2014, 03:04 PM
Man that looks good, sure wish it was a little cheaper here in the East.

Shiloh
05-12-2014, 07:44 PM
Thats For sure. $10.99 a pound. Thats about $8 worth.

Shiloh

DougGuy
05-14-2014, 05:21 PM
I was missing blackened salmon the other day really bad. For some reason, the farm raised fish are fattier and work better than wild caught. I coat both sides of 1" thick steaks with Chef Paul Prudhomme's blackened redfish magic and put them over a VERY HOT grill, when it looks like the first side is burning, turn once, serve with some parmesan ranch pasta salad and some applesauce.

Tip: Immediately before putting fish on the grill, lift the griddle and lay some un soaked hickory chips on the coals, let it smoke and then catch fire, smother it with the grill lid to put it out. Now we talking....

Your post is going to make me want some even more now Shiloh!

Edit: smh.. Just went to the store and got a nice thick salmon filet, blackened it over some VERY hot coals on the small Weber grill, it was SO GOOD! Really crispy skin. I got some new Chef Paul Prudhomme's blackened redfish magic, which tasted good, but man, it had zero heat! That stuff used to light me up good! Maybe they had to dumb it down for AOLers or something who knows. I added a tsp and a half of cayenne to it, maybe now it will return somewhat to it's former glory and regain it's lofty place among my spices.

reloader28
05-15-2014, 09:22 AM
Looks very good.
I've always wanted to try some "real" tuna like that instead of from the can.
Everyone says there is NO comparing it.

For Mothers Day we thru a pork loin in the smoker and Mom and Dad came over.