PDA

View Full Version : Todays first match with the new rifle

country gent
05-11-2014, 08:14 PM
SHot the first actual match today with the new CPA Shilouette model rifle in 40-65. Did okay overall working thru zero issues and such. I did get 9 rams from 500 yd line. Group looked pretty good also. Rifle is CPA SHilouette model 30" douglas tapered octogon contour, 11 1/2 lbs. today I had the MVA 6x malcomn scope on it. Also have MVA mid range rear with hadley eye cup and spirit level globe front. with it. Beautiful piece of walnut on it also.
The load I used today was Old West Nasa bullet 400 grns ( drops 405 from 20-1 and right at .411 dia.) bore riding nose fits bore light snug fit. Lubed with SPG. 57 grns 2F goex slow powered into case, .060 napa rubber fiber wad ( .415 dia) compressed to .465 from case mouth. Rem 9 1/2 primer starline cases annealed and neck sized to depth of seated bullet. Fouling today was very managable. Load seems to perform better with distance. WAs a long day today and Im whipped. Still have a rifle to clean.

Don McDowell
05-11-2014, 09:28 PM
Glad your first outing with that new rifle was a grand success.

Chill Wills
05-11-2014, 09:48 PM
You did not tell us your score:popcorn:

Was this at Friendship? If so, How did Woody and Mike Patterson do?

Two inches of white stuff stuck to the ground here and a lot more on the way. It is snowing sideways with this big wind. I told the family I was going to cook a Turkey for Mother's day since we have skipped summer and are going back into winter...

Chill Wills
05-11-2014, 09:52 PM
You did not tell us your score:popcorn:

Was this at Friendship? If so, How did Woody and Mike Patterson do?

Two inches of white stuff stuck to the ground here and a lot more on the way. It is snowing sideways with this big wind. I told the family I was going to cook a Turkey for Mother's day since we have skipped summer and are going back into winter...

country gent
05-11-2014, 10:03 PM
Score was 20 sorry about that. It was a small local match here in northwest ohio. I fought leg tremors all through 100 200 and 300 yd stages. Was one of those days.

Chill Wills
05-11-2014, 11:52 PM
I am sorry to hear about the leg health issues - I get that stuff. No good.
I am glad you have a local place to shoot a BPCR silhouette match! I only wish there were more of them around.

country gent
05-12-2014, 10:42 AM
Im am lucky as the club I belong to has 200 yd rifle range seperate pistol to 50 yds and shotgun and archery ranges. There are 2 ranges with in an hours drive that are 500 and 400 repectivly and hold shillouette matches . Both have swinging targets. but its alot of fun and akes for an enjoyable day. Ive been dealing with the effects of Multiple Schlrocisis now for 14 years. I was a High master in NRA High Power but no more due to effects on vision , feeling ( My legs arms hands and feet are "numb" most of the time). But I still play and have fun. I have a couple very good friends that hel;p me out and such. Im trying to learn to shoot Offhand seated from the waist up still. Its harder than one would think, as your feet arnt under you and throws sense of balance off.

DangerousDrummer
05-12-2014, 09:40 PM
I am still waiting for my CPA 45-90 that was ordered Feb 1. It is finished except for the Baldwin sight, which they will send when it arrives from Baldwin. I elected to save the $600 and finish the stock myself, so I will have plenty to do when the rifle arrives. Starline has promised to ship brass on 5/30 after they finish the run. I am as excited as a 6 yr old on Christmas morning!

country gent
05-12-2014, 11:55 PM
My C Sharps Hepburn is a 45-90 and is a lot of fun. I may mount the malcomscope up on it ( I have the blocks already on the barrel) zero it up and use it from a stand for Ohio Deer gun season this year. Its alot of gun when loaded to its full potential. My load is starline cases rem 9 1/2 primer 80 grns 2 f goex napa wad 3/32 spg grease cookie card wad and 550 grn Patched bullet seated .240 deep in case. Should put any Ohio whitetail down. I load it down for shillouettes though. Rifle has a 34" green mountain barrel tapered octogon contour and wieghs 11 1/2 lbs. Give the lumann 535 grn postell a try in your rifle also.

DR Owl Creek
05-14-2014, 11:04 AM
Country Gent

Great Shooting!

Dave