PDA

View Full Version : What do I have here?

BrassMagnet
05-10-2014, 06:35 PM

All of this came from an assortment of stuff I got. Unfortunately, I don't know what I have. Does anybody know?

The reloading die, the plunger, and the little part between them are a Herters 30 cal swaging die. I don't see how they work, so I must be missing something or not recognizing something.

badbob454
05-10-2014, 06:38 PM
sorry i cant help you ...

Bored1
05-10-2014, 07:52 PM
The 3 blocks appear to fit together like a puzzle. Maybe a core seating chamber of some sort?

Do the two pieces above the blocks fit the blocks like handles? Maybe a mold? Not sure though because that top (middle block) looks like once its in place the pins hold it in and don't let it slide like a sprue plate would.

BrassMagnet
05-10-2014, 08:04 PM
The 3 blocks appear to fit together like a puzzle. Maybe a core seating chamber of some sort?

Do the two pieces above the blocks fit the blocks like handles? Maybe a mold? Not sure though because that top (middle block) looks like once its in place the pins hold it in and don't let it slide like a sprue plate would.

The two pieces above are side plates for a shotgun. One might be marked "JC"

The three steel pieces on the left fit together. Maybe a mould, maybe a swager.

The two hex parts on the right fit together. Maybe a Minie Boolit swager?

SciFiJim
05-10-2014, 11:38 PM
Could the two hex parts be used to swage copper jackets?

BrassMagnet
05-11-2014, 12:03 AM
Could the two hex parts be used to swage copper jackets?

Maybe. I'll have to try and figure out how much space remains between them when they close.

skeettx
05-12-2014, 06:01 PM
Here goes

round dies with holes are decapping stands for hand decapping (Wilson)

The threaded die and swage are a 30 cal (30-06) primer pocket stage set,
the swage usually goes in a number 3 or number 6 RCBS shell holder.

The sidelocks you know about.

The three piece hammer swage die is interesting

The knob/peg looking thing is a seater plunger (Wilson?, Forster??)
Should be markings on the knob

Mike

Safeshot
05-18-2014, 09:51 AM
The Herters die body and primer pocket swagger usually (originally) came with a "special" shell holder that had a "solid" bottom (no hole for primer ejection or to insert a new primer). The "swager" "button" fit in this "special" shell holder for maximum support. (It will however work with a standard 30/06 shell holder.) The rod with the threaded section screws (tight) into the top of the "die body". Adjustment is by screwing the die body into or out of the press threads. Use is similar to a RCBS primer pocket swager.
I think this is from about 1967.

Littlewolf
06-15-2014, 10:00 AM
bingo on the pocket swager the "button" goes in the shell holder according to the 30-06 and its case familly including 45acp