PDA

View Full Version : A word of thanks to everyboby!

Jerry Lester
01-08-2008, 06:23 PM
I haven't posted for a while, and really not much at all here on this site. What I have done is read a lot, and experiment with a lot of the things I've seen ya'll discuss on here.

I just got my first mould, a .313" 95g Saeco SWC for my 32 magnum Single Six about 18 months ago along with a 10 lb LEE bottom pour pot. I've recently bought a Redding lube sizer too. I've so far been limited to only straight wheel weights as far as my alloy goes. I've been really bent for time due to business, and family issues since I got my mould, but I have managed to get in a few sessions of casting, and it's been a blast of a hobby.

At first, once I figured out the basics, I was rejecting about 80+%(I know! LOL!), but still getting enough to shoot quite a bit. I was sizing on a home made die that worked on my Rockchucker press, and lubing with LEE liquid alox.

Now, here's my last attempts from a session that I squeezed in this past weekend. I casted about a whole 1 lb Country Crock butter bowl full of these Saeco bullets. By weight, I estimate that to be around 600+ bullets. Out of all those, I only had to reject 44 bullets after visually checking them, and then weighing every one within + or - .3g from my target weight.

I'm tickled to death with my progress in this new found hobby, and I owe it all to all of you on this site, especially Lloyd Smale for not only talking to me in length in the begining, but also for directing me here.

Thanks a bunch fellows!!!

NSP64
01-08-2008, 06:43 PM
keep up the good work , it only gets better:lovebooli

Buckshot
01-09-2008, 01:56 AM
.................What newsmokepole64 said. Congratulations on your progress. Now it's time to branch out :-)

.................Buckshot