PDA

View Full Version : Anyone try a Quinetics shell holder?

AbitNutz
05-08-2014, 10:20 PM
I ran across this and thought "what the heck" I'll try it. It's been around forever but I've never heard from anyone who've messed with one. I thought it might be a solution for my "miserable to change" Ponsness-Warren shell holder situations.

http://www.quineticscorp.com/shell_holder.aspcustomguns.com

VHoward
05-08-2014, 10:35 PM
I get a 404 page error on that link.

MOcaster
05-08-2014, 10:52 PM
I've always wondered about these, too. This link should work: http://www.quineticscorp.com/Shell_holder.asp

gmsharps
05-08-2014, 11:29 PM
I have one of these and they do work but to me are slower than a regular shell holder. For me their usufullness comes into play when you have a new caliber and do not have the correct shell holder yet and sometimes you get a weird case that is slightly out of speck and your current shell holder doesn't fit right. It's just my backup.

gmsharps

Comrade Mike
05-09-2014, 09:25 AM
Seems rather slow, for the price of shell holders now I don't see the usefulness in this

bbqncigars
05-10-2014, 06:59 PM
Those of us with a Co-Ax have little need for such. ;-)

LUBEDUDE
05-11-2014, 11:47 AM
Those of us with a Co-Ax have little need for such. ;-)

Pritee, pritee, pritee, pritee cool !

dudel
05-12-2014, 09:25 AM
That shell holder seems to be designed for their bullet puller. The puller ships with three collets which get used for different rounds. I can see this saving some time.

I don't see this as being a shell holder for a reloading press.

gmsharps
05-12-2014, 10:23 AM
That shell holder seems to be designed for their bullet puller. The puller ships with three collets which get used for different rounds. I can see this saving some time.

I don't see this as being a shell holder for a reloading press.

It works fine on a reloading press. As I mentioned above if you do not have a shell holder for a specific casing this will work until you get one and I've had the occasion to find rims that did not fit my shell holder as being a bit to tight and this worked for these cases. It is a bit pricey for another gadget. Seems like I paid around the $5 range when I got one.
gmsharps

abunaitoo
05-13-2014, 10:46 PM
This thing is just junk.
I got one a while ago.
First time I TRIED to used it, it broke. Fingers that hold the rim cracked off.
I tried getting replacement parts for it. This is the reply I got from them.

Greetings,
All of our shell holders are already completely assembled. Unfortunately we do not have replacement parts for the shell holder. Please let us know if you have any further questions.
Made in the U.S.A.
Thank You
Quinetics Corporation
www.quineticscorp.com

With this kind of customer service, don't buy anything from this company.

AbitNutz
05-14-2014, 06:53 AM
wow...maybe i'll have better luck. although i've never been blessed with it in the past.