PDA

View Full Version : Site crash

Bad Water Bill
05-08-2014, 01:06 PM
Can we start a pool as to just what hour the site will crash in the next 24 hours?

runfiverun
05-08-2014, 11:05 PM
I'm on the same server as the site.
I know right off when the site goes down as my computer freaks out and starts going all weird.

Bad Water Bill
05-08-2014, 11:19 PM
I'm on the same server as the site.
I know right off when the site goes down as my computer freaks out and starts going all weird.

My puter does not freak out.

i AM AN ADDICT AND NEED MY FIX NOW:bigsmyl2:

runfiverun
05-09-2014, 12:22 AM
nope I'm sure it's the computer...
it has to be.
I start yelling at it and deleting the kids stuff, then,,, magically,,, it works again.

Hickory
05-09-2014, 01:39 AM
Computers do not freak out. People freak out.

Example of freaking out;
You are driving down the road when an oncoming car goes left of center and will hit you head on in less then 2 seconds to avoid a head on collision, 1) You can drive into the ditch and hope this decision will result in less damage and injury. 2) Swerve into the left lane to take the place of the car that is about to hit you head on. 3) Or try to caliculate a third solution while your wife in the passenger seat interrupting your thought process with her own ideas on what to do. FREAKING OUT.

badbob454
05-09-2014, 01:45 AM
Love it ... Hickory

Bad Water Bill
05-09-2014, 02:05 AM
Now for the REAL truth.

Is there something seriously wrong with the site?

What can we do to help?

fastfire
05-09-2014, 03:10 AM
I just got this......Database error

Bad Water Bill
05-09-2014, 03:48 AM
That is what I have been getting for many hours each day for about a week now.

Sometimes I can back up one step and try again and my post gets there.

Seems to happen late at night and early AM but once in a while all day.

IF our guys are quietly working to improve the site even more but at the same time causing this recent notice I can live with it IF that is the real reason and we are told so.

bangerjim
05-09-2014, 12:19 PM
Goodsteel and the other guys that own this site are working on this database error problem per their comments in other posts.

Since this is a "free" site for all of us to enjoy, and the membership is busting at the seams!, I trust they are doing all they can to solve the problems.

They, like I, probably have a day job too!!!!!!!

I can wait.

banger

runfiverun
05-09-2014, 12:28 PM
part of bill's issue is the time he comes on.
the site does a "re-boot" every night at 1:00 am mountain time, it used to be at 11:00 mountain and nobody noticed :lol:
this does make the site slow waay down and the more users on the longer it takes.

oneokie
05-09-2014, 12:38 PM
Guys,

To the best of my knowledge, we only have one compter guy that keeps this site up and running. He has, and probably can, still call in some help with this problem.

I imagine he wants this problem fixed more that we. Everytime you get one of the data base error windows, he also gets a notice.

When you see one of those error messages, there is a highlighted text that says "refresh", click on that and it will try to reload the page you were opening. If you do not want to do that, either hit the refresh button on your browser or the F5 key.

So, how about we ALL give him time to find and fix this glitch?????

Bad Water Bill
05-09-2014, 12:40 PM
All I wanted to hear has just been said.

Now this OLD non puter guy can stop worrying that my stuff will crash and burn shortly.

I do think we all should say a big THANK YOU to Willy and crew for doing a great job.

GL49
05-09-2014, 12:46 PM
Guys,

To the best of my knowledge, we only have one compter guy that keeps this site up and running. He has, and probably can, still call in some help with this problem.

I imagine he wants this problem fixed more that we. Everytime you get one of the data base error windows, he also gets a notice.

When you see one of those error messages, there is a highlighted text that says "refresh", click on that and it will try to reload the page you were opening. If you do not want to do that, either hit the refresh button on your browser or the F5 key.

So, how about we ALL give him time to find and fix this glitch?????

When anything goes wrong at the plant where I work, I have two problems:
1) It doesn't work
2) I have to fix it.

Now I have one problem:
1) It doesn't always work.
But: I DON"T HAVE TO FIX IT!!!!:bigsmyl2:

oneokie
05-09-2014, 12:55 PM
1) It doesn't work
2) I have to fix it.

Now I have one problem:

Sometimes is better than not at all.:bigsmyl2:

GL49
05-09-2014, 01:33 PM
Sometimes is better than not at all.:bigsmyl2:
Exactly. The words "not at all" gives me chest pains.

leeggen
05-09-2014, 01:36 PM
You lnow ,when the yearly funding drive was on there were about 29,000 members and no there is 34,000+, Let alone the lurkers out there. That is alot of comperter program space stuffed onto a server. We really have a pretty good tech support just to stay up with our b------t. I for one do get flusterd but I also remenber haveing the task of keeping up a server for the factory I was working at.
So---- here is a BIG PAT ON THE BACK, to those that keep us on line and in touch with eachother on here.
CD

cbrick
05-09-2014, 02:39 PM
Goodsteel and the other guys that own this site are working on this database error problem per their comments in other posts. banger

goodsteel is now a site owner??? I imagine he will be very pleased (and shocked) to learn about that. :shock:

Rick

bangerjim
05-09-2014, 03:42 PM
All I wanted to hear has just been said.

Now this OLD non puter guy can stop worrying that my stuff will crash and burn shortly.

I do think we all should say a big THANK YOU to Willy and crew for doing a great job.

Remember.......if you are ONLY having problems with ONE site, i.e this one, it is not your fault. If you have similar problems with multiple sites, it just could be your computer, your connection, or your provider.

Log onto other sites you know to check if you are seeing similar error messages. Bet you will never see them! If you do, it is YOUR problem on YOUR end.

banger

Bad Water Bill
05-09-2014, 04:10 PM
Yes I can go anywhere else instantly BUT "WHAT DIFFERENCE DOES IT MAKE"?

With my severe attack of withdrawal symptoms when I can not get here I start worrying and that only compounds this OLD mans problems.:bigsmyl2:

05-09-2014, 04:56 PM
With my severe attack of withdrawal symptoms when I can not get here I start worrying and that only compounds this OLD mans problems.:bigsmyl2:

I know how you feel, I've stumbled onto a temporary cure for the symptoms.
I walk away from the computer to my reloading/casting area and find some loading/sizing/lubing/casting to do, seems it is almost as good as discussing how we do it.

Bonz
05-09-2014, 05:08 PM
Does anyone know how to get ahold of the guy that does the server administration for these websites ?

Gunload Master
05-09-2014, 07:59 PM
I have narrowed down the issue and I have a team of individuals working on solving it at this time. Hopefully everything will be resolved by today.

Gunload Master
05-09-2014, 08:00 PM
Does anyone know how to get ahold of the guy that does the server administration for these websites ?

I got a pretty good idea who it is.... me :)

Bonz
05-09-2014, 08:02 PM
I got a pretty good idea who it is.... me :)

If its a hardware issue, send me a PM with what you need. I have a friend that owns a recycling business. I'm not sure if he would donate the equipment if he had it but he would give me a good price.

Gunload Master
05-09-2014, 08:05 PM
It's all software related, has to do with an apache build and a custom MySQL server.

Bonz
05-09-2014, 08:08 PM
It's all software related, has to do with an apache build and a custom MySQL server.

Sorry to hear that, hardware would have been easier ;-)

Bad Water Bill
05-09-2014, 08:29 PM
Girty b glahd ta kum ovr n du sum kikin iffin dat wil help.:bigsmyl2:

rbstern
05-09-2014, 08:39 PM

GM, I run servers for a living and have implemented and migrated some high volume vBulletin sites over the years. If I have any expertise that helps, I'll lend it.

leeggen
05-09-2014, 09:42 PM
GM, you have our sympathy. Hate software glitches.
CD

1989toddm
05-09-2014, 09:59 PM
1) It doesn't work
2) I have to fix it.

Now I have one problem:

Same here. It's a rare day when I don't get a call with "Hey somethin broke!"

runfiverun
05-09-2014, 10:02 PM
if I had to fix it, girty would be on the way here right now..:lol:
she could hold my hammer, and I could line her up for the tactical shots.:bigsmyl2:

Gunload Master
05-10-2014, 03:54 AM
Thanks for the support. I think the problem has been temp fixed. We will have a downtime of about 2 hours and then we should be good to go. Thanks for your patience everyone! It took a team to get this problem solved but it shouldnt effect us after this next update.

MBTcustom
05-10-2014, 12:01 PM
goodsteel is now a site owner??? I imagine he will be very pleased (and shocked) to learn about that. :shock:

Rick

Wow, I have no idea how that idea got started.
I'm not involved with the operation or ownership of the site whatsoever. I just stand around and wring my hands in suspense like everybody else, and try to let everybody know what's going on.
It's a tough job but somebody has to do it. LOL!

Gunload Master
05-11-2014, 04:26 PM
Everything should be fixed and back to normal after a couple weeks of troubleshooting / repairs. Sorry for the downtime everyone had.. Enjoy

Bad Water Bill
05-11-2014, 04:37 PM
Where do we send the beer for a job well done?[smilie=w::bigsmyl2:[smilie=w:

country gent
05-11-2014, 04:52 PM
A heartfelt Thankyou to you and your team Gunload Master your time, effort and dedication is greatly appreciated.

Tar Heel
05-11-2014, 05:39 PM
I think we could all show our support best by joining "Team Boolits" with a sponsorship!

retread
05-11-2014, 09:13 PM
I am still having problems. Getting "The Page can not be displayed". Me or the site? No problems for me other places.

Postalpaul
05-11-2014, 09:43 PM
X2 ^^^^^^

retread
05-12-2014, 09:27 PM
Things seem to be working great now. Thanks for all your efforts!

Jay