PDA

View Full Version : Bad Water Bills Mail Order Children,,,,,,

Hamish
05-07-2014, 07:41 PM
Two or three years ago Bad Water Bill and I began a periodic conversation about this and that, enjoying and commiserating in each other's highs and lows, and just generally having a fine time shooting the breeze every now and again.

Last year we got to talking flowers. With impossible to hide love and joy in his voice, George talked about how much his wife loved her flowers , just as mine does. He talked about how he has cared for some of these plants for many a year with great care and great satisfaction in being able to look at them.

And, as he is who he is, he went to the trouble of taking cuttings of one of her favorites and carefully placed them into tiny Tupperware containers and shipped them to us.

We had quite a time early on with keeping them at the correct watering level, and eventually lost all but one of them. But, that one cutting has been steadily gaining ground, and every day we look at it in the bay window of our living room and
I smile a little.

A couple of times in the last month I have told my wife that we need to let George see how it was doing, and I think its time,,,,,,,,

(If there is a way to correctly orient the photo,,,,,,,,)

Bad Water Bill
05-08-2014, 02:09 AM
Nice to hear that at least one survived.

Now that it has taken a liking to your home it will grow taller this summer and you can clip the top and start a new one. The parent will then split with two side shoots and you are on your way to raising more and sharing a very fragrant plant with others.:-D

Blammer
05-08-2014, 04:13 PM
yea, turn your moniter upside down. :)

Hamish
05-08-2014, 09:33 PM
yea, turn your moniter upside down. :)

doh!! (How do you keep an idiot occupied? Give him an ipad with an upside down picture in the thread,,,,,,)

Bad Water Bill
05-08-2014, 10:37 PM
Never fear.

In a year or two that guy from somewhere back in the hills of N C will drop the I pad and pick it up a different way and all will be good for him again.

Amazing how little it takes to confuse some folks.:bigsmyl2:

Hamish
05-09-2014, 07:07 AM
Um, I were speaking of myself the first time I tried to watch a video I had taken of the grandkids after turning it 90 degrees whilst filming. After flipping it three times and the picture continuing to flop away like a greased catfish, I did the mental forehead slap thing and marveled once again at the state of tech in the world,,,,,,,

Wayne Smith
05-09-2014, 07:46 AM
So, one of the mints?

2wheelDuke
05-09-2014, 01:36 PM
doh!! (How do you keep an idiot occupied? Give him an ipad with an upside down picture in the thread,,,,,,)

Throw the switch on the side to lock the screen.