PDA

View Full Version : Additional DVD circulating library

dbosman
05-06-2014, 07:57 AM
As started by histed, after Brassmagnets' original post.

"Bullet Casting 101", as well as "Advanced Reloading" from Wolfe Publishing. Both are great videos. Works the same here as on Brass's post. I'll pick someone from whoever responds to this post and mail these videos out, likely Saturday with my schedule. Once XXXX has had a couple or three weeks, XXXX starts a thread offering to pass them on. At that point, I'll see who responds and PM XXXX to pass the DVDs along to YYYY. When YYYY is finished, the process gets repeated, with XXXX choosing the new recipient. Clear as mud? Just like the reloading book and the BMDVD collection, this needs to make the rounds and not end up in someone's collection. I just want to pay forward whatever I can in honor of those on this site who've helped me.

The DVDs are ready for the next recipient.
Lower your blood pressure by skipping the nightly news for a couple of days and watch these instead.

Bonz
05-06-2014, 07:59 AM
Please include me

dbosman
05-06-2014, 08:07 AM
PM me your mailing address and I'll get them in the mail this week.
I'd give you a day, but I'm getting over a cold.

LEADHOPPER
05-06-2014, 08:13 AM
Would love to be next on the list when Bonz is done with them.

LH

dbosman
05-06-2014, 04:00 PM
Better PM Bonz. ;)

histed
05-08-2014, 07:41 PM
dbosman - what did you think of the dvds? Worth the time?

dbosman
05-08-2014, 08:45 PM
The Casting 101 is well worth one's time even if it aggravates you just a bit.
I really wish I could pull many hundreds of the drivel videos from YouTube and post this one.
Every want to be caster could benefit from this disc. Experienced casters might feel their time was spent and not invested.

Advanced Handloading is good. My complaints are probably nit picking. The menus aren't as reactive as I'd like but it could be the app I used for playing it. I couldn't skip ahead just a bit. Maybe on a DVD player. John Barsness stumbles a bit on sentences - like he's excited. I saw equipment and tools I'd never seen before though. One specific was the Redding Competition Shellholder Set.
I can think of worse ways to fill 45 minutes.