PDA

View Full Version : i a b paper cutter

propwashp47
05-06-2014, 01:31 AM
I a b 54 cal breach load paper cutter any one with first hand info . I have all ways wanted a paper cutter sharps. any one have any make of paper cutter sharps in wood love to here what you like of not a bought them.

.22-10-45
05-06-2014, 02:32 AM
I have a Shilo 1863 percussion rifle in .45. Bought new in 1977. Labor of love..takes time to make paper tubes & glue on base I have found it more accurate to make tube that just fits chamber length..without having cutter open up end. Tissue paper bottom takes care of cap flash. The ctg. making time is offset by not having to wash and process brass. Funniest things happened at range..young fellow was shooting a 300 Win mag. walked over to see what I had..I had just inserted paper ctg. in breech, closed e'r up & capped. Fired & opened breech..and inserted another round. He watch this process for awhile..and then he exclaimed..."How DO YOU DO THAT!!!???..where's the emptys? Got a good laugh...and he had a blast shooting what he admitted he had only read about in books.

propwashp47
05-06-2014, 03:41 AM
yes the fun is in the home scratch baked, from start to kboom, making nitrate paper mix alloy , cast boolits, paper patterns, tubes , glue lubes ect. like the tissue on the bottom. and best of all the looks followed how do you do that . with much head scratching feet shuffling and copious oohs!!! and awe s!!! not many will travel this road but the fun is in the doing it ones self.

hp246
05-06-2014, 07:10 PM
I have an IAB .54 also. I'm using a bullet molded using a Moose Mold mold. Mine is pretty finicky. after 2-3 rounds, hard to work the action. After 10 rounds needs to be cleaned or will lock up. I have not had a problem with a lack of lockup as I've read about elsewhere. Also not impressed with the sights. At 50 yards It shoots about 14 inches high and 10 inches left. I've moved the rear sight, but still shoots a couple of inches left at 50 yards. From reading elsewhere, I believe these things may have been sighted in for 200 yards, as the battle sight. I'm shooting 60 gr. of FFFg. I tried 60 gr. triple 7 pellets, and they worked OK. Cleaner than BP, but not as reliable. Good luck. Have fun. Stay safe.