PDA

View Full Version : 11.15 x 55r Turkish

alleyoop
05-04-2014, 12:43 PM
I recently acquired a Remington Rolling Block with zero markings other than Remington on the tang. Chamber cast makes it to be 11.15mm x55r Turkish, I have not seen this caliber listed as a RB caliber can anybody here confirm it was ?
Would love to shoot this old girl Any ideas for case's ? Bore looks great. I have no desire to rechamber so that's out.
Also has anyone here ever removed a barrel form a RB is so is it any different than say a Mauser ? I'll replace barrel if I need to, to make a shooter of her.

I'll Make Mine
05-04-2014, 09:05 PM
Looks like that cartridge might be the same as 11.15 Spanish Remington (or the latter easily mistaken for the Turkish), which shares the same rim and base as the 11.15x60R Mauser (push the shoulder back and trim the x60R to get the Spanish Remington). Wouldn't surprise me if a Remington RB was chambered for the Spanish Remington. If you can find basic brass with the correct rim and head size, you can probably form it by just running it into the sizer and trimming to length.

Mk42gunner
05-04-2014, 10:50 PM
It is some times a great puzzle figuring out just what cartridge an old rifle is chambered for. Can you post measurements from the chamber cast? I would suggest the following:
Rim diameter
head dia
shoulder dia
neck dia
length to the shoulder, neck and oal.

Might as well throw in the throat diameter too.

The various editions of Cartridges of the World have charts with some of the cartridges and measurements, and some times even the name of the cartridge.

Robert