PDA

View Full Version : Ponsness-Warren shell holder?

AbitNutz
05-03-2014, 05:04 AM
The PW 200 and the Metallic 2 use regular snap in shell holders but they don't snap in. They're held down with 3 allen head screws. It would be so much nicer if there was an adapter that would screw down in place and let the shell holders just snap in and out. Anyone know of such a magical device?

I just happened to see an adapter for a Lachmiller press that has the right idea...I doubt it would work but...

bobthenailer
05-06-2014, 01:43 PM
Ive had a P-200 since the late 1970s and have never heard of a shell holder adapter and i doubt if there ever was one ! these excellent machines werent all that popular back in the day and were superceded by the Dillons equipment in the 1980s.

AbitNutz
05-06-2014, 03:09 PM
I'm afraid I have to agree. I emailed PW and they said they don't know of anything. I'm wondering if the Lachmiller adapter might work.

I have an extended universal shell holder for case forming that has the right idea, it's just too long. All it is, is a shell holder that instead of fitting a particular shell, it holds another shell holder.

You're right, no one is going to make one now. Dillon has indeed superseded all but single stage presses. It seems the lineup goes single stage RCBS, Lee, Hornady...whatever. Then Dillon 550B or even 650; nothing in between. I don't know if that is good or bad. Over the years I've picked up just about one of everything I think. I like and use them all for different applications.

bobthenailer
05-08-2014, 12:25 PM
I usually use my Dillon for everything that i normaly shoot and now only use the PW-200 for less shot rounds like 30 carbine & 32 acp that would cost to much to convert the Dillon over to. i hav e loaded 223 & 308 with the PW -200 years ago but the cases will have to be first sized in a normal press.