PDA

View Full Version : Ideal load for Topper 158?

Joel Chavez
01-06-2008, 11:00 PM
My little boy's Topper in turdy turdy has a 1 to 12 twist with a 22" barrel so I'm wondering what cast boolit and powder would be ideal. I'd like to stay with reduced loads if possible. We aren't having the best of luck with what we have. I currently have Unique and some Lee "soupcans" and some 7.62x39 cast sized at .311 under 7-9grs with erratic results. What would you guys recommend? I tried some fillers(TP), but got groups the size of a melon at 50yds. Without fillers I get about 4" groups. I tried some factory stuff(Rem. Corlok 170gr and they shot .90" CTC, 5 shots at 50yds, so I know the Topper will shoot, but just can't get the cast to group. By the way, the boolits are straight WW and air cooled and not using gc, thou I did try some a while back and got the same results. Thanks in advance. Later.

MT Gianni
01-06-2008, 11:59 PM
How long is the bearing surface on the jacketed pills that shoot well? I would start with some of the same length. Post what you need and plead for samples and we'll take care of ya. Gianni