PDA

View Full Version : Lee Drip-o-Matic question

selmerfan
05-02-2014, 01:56 PM
So I have the Lee 10 lb. bottom pour furnace that I traded into for just about nothing about a year ago. I enjoy using it - I ladled everything previously and this is much less fatigue on my hands. However, within the last couple of weeks I've had it randomly stop heating on me. If I change the temp setting a little bit, Voila!, she heats back up and I keep going. BUT - it's a pain in the rear and I'm afraid of an electrical fire hazard. The only modification that I've made to it is wiring in a grounded drop cord for a power cord and I did that before I ever fired it up for the first time. Any suggestions as to why it's doing this, and have others had a similar problem?

Mike W1
05-02-2014, 04:17 PM
I'd suspect the "thermostat". Were it me I'd just call Lee and see what they have to say. Should be an easy fix then.

JASON4X4
05-02-2014, 05:30 PM
Does sound like the thermostat (klixon). Heating elements that go bad don't start working again. Easy fix

SSGOldfart
05-02-2014, 08:21 PM
Hmmm I don't know why but mine has been that way for about 10or 12 years now just tap the switch and keep casting

too many things
05-02-2014, 09:13 PM
the whole replacement parts are not much. I bought a set a few years back for like 10 bucks and the element and stat. I have yet to put it in as now I just use as a ingot maker. and set stat to max and its been that way for several years.
SS is right just tap it and its like the energizer bunny,or a timex

bangerjim
05-02-2014, 10:06 PM
Contact LEE and get a replacement t-stat. Easy fix.

banger