PDA

View Full Version : Iver Johnson Model 60

Goatwhiskers
05-01-2014, 06:31 PM
Just picking you fella's brains to see if anyone has info. Customer says it's a .22Mag revolver. To the best of my knowledge it was only made in .22RF, .32, and something else, no mention of the mag. Heck, I'm not sure the mag was even invented back then. Anyway, I think I have a .22 revolver with stretched chambers, long rifles swell about 1/4" above the rim. I suspect that it's one of those deals where the gun is not marked as to caliber and someone said let's see if a maggie fits (they do-tightly) and went from there. I've seen a Delta/Alpha shoot 3" in a 2 3/4" 1100, broke a bunch of parts, too. GW

Edit: Just to add to the confusion, the gun has NO markings other than the maker's name and a serial number.

Goatwhiskers
05-02-2014, 10:41 AM
The mystery is solved, and educational for me. Under strong light and with my magnifier over my bifocals the cylinder is stamped .22 Mag. Fooling with old stuff there's always something to learn. Solved the customer's complaint with judicious application of lubricant into the mechanism. GW