PDA

View Full Version : Taurus turnaround

ebner glocken
01-06-2008, 12:57 PM
Back in September I bought two model 605s, one was in great shape but the other had one issue. The threads on the ejector rod to extractor was insufficent and pulled so was sent back to taurus. Received conformation of receipt in September.

Is this taking longer than usual? Should I have heard something by now? What has been your experience with Taurus on turnaround? Should I investigate or just getting inpatent?

Thanx

Poygan
01-06-2008, 01:42 PM
I can't speak about the turn around time but I have a friend that bought a new Taurus 9 shot .22. He experienced some initial problems with the hammer as I recall but the main issue was that it wouldn't consistently set off all 9 and sometimes three of the 9 wouldn't go off. The dealer shipped it back to Taurus which cost my friend $25. I think it took several weeks, maybe 4-6 for it to be returned. Taurus listed few things they did like turn in the barrel, new firing pin, etc. but it still had the same problems upon return. I cannot believe they test fired it! He sold it with full disclosure and lost several hundred dollars. I know some have had good experiences with Taurus but I cannot abide this abysmal factory performance. I have never owned a Taurus but have owned two Rossi revolvers.

dubber123
01-06-2008, 03:06 PM
About the same deal, a long wait, and hope it is fixed when returned, (mine wasn't). A guy at the club just sent one back, and it was returned fairly promptly and repaired correctly, so you may get lucky. (Other than the 4 month wait).

PatMarlin
01-07-2008, 09:05 PM
I waited bout' 4 mo's on a repair from them.. :roll:

S.R.Custom
01-07-2008, 09:17 PM
Three months to never... sounds about right. :roll:

400cor-bon
01-07-2008, 09:37 PM
a buddy of mine got a new 357 from Taurus- their S&W 66 clone
on the second wheel of bullets, it locked up tight as a drum agfter the second shot.
he couldnt ship it with live ammo, so the factory told him to take a hammer and beat out the cylinder.
he did this and destroyed the cylinder.
2 months later he got it back, all "factory refurbished" and sold it the same day.
another friend had one of their beretta clones that jammed every other round.
I never owned a taurus . . . . . . .

454PB
01-07-2008, 10:44 PM
I sent my Raging Bull in for warranty work, it took a little over 3 months to get it back.