PDA

View Full Version : I could really use some thoughts and prayers for myself and family

Alvin
04-29-2014, 05:32 PM
Dear Castboolits family: I am writing to ask if you could please keep your thoughts and prayers for my family and I. After having dinner at my parents, my mother and I went to the grocery store to buy some desert. We were gone a maximum of ten minutes and when we returned my dad was in the bathtub hunched over and not breathing. His lips were blue, and no pulse was detected.

I started CPR while the ambulance was called, and could still not detect a pulse. The paramedics worked on him for 20 minutes before they were able to get a pulse. At this point he is breathing on his own, but his liver and kidneys are not working on their own. The doctor said that the kidneys and liver can recover, but given the amount of time he was without oxygen to the brain there is a 1% change at coming out of the coma and living a normal life again.

This is the hardest thing I have been through in my life, and only the second family death. The first being my Grandfather when I was eight years old. We are going to keep him on the machine until Friday to see if there is any improvement of any sort. I don't think we fully comprehend what is happening, but most likely don't want to accept the facts. Sorry for writing a novel, but writing has helped clear my mind some. Thank you to all for taking the time to read this, and once again if you have time please try to keep my family in your thoughts and prayers.

Thank you and god bless,

Alvin

skykingjohn
04-29-2014, 05:47 PM
am praying for you and yours

histed
04-29-2014, 05:54 PM
No novel and no worries about the length. Prayer is good, intelligent prayer is better. And we are praying for you and the family. Please keep us updated.

Hickok
04-29-2014, 08:06 PM
Prayers in the name Of Jesus Christ for your fathers recovery, and for peace for you and your family. Ken

Hogdaddy
04-29-2014, 08:14 PM
Prayers in the name Of Jesus Christ for your fathers recovery, and for peace for you and your family. Ken

Same here, God Bless and prayers sent.
H/D

Ben
04-29-2014, 08:26 PM
Praying right now for your Dad.

Ben

Ajax
04-30-2014, 05:24 AM
Heavenly father be with our brother and his family in this time of need. Guide his dr's hands as they make his father whole.
In your name i pray amen.

Andy

missionary5155
04-30-2014, 06:16 AM
Good morning Alvin
I will also pray for God's desires to be accomplished. That all of you will be lead by His wisdom with the decisions to be made. May His peace surround your lives.
Mike in Peru

obssd1958
04-30-2014, 07:39 AM
Prayers said...

HollandNut
04-30-2014, 08:01 AM
consider it done

Jack

mhat
04-30-2014, 09:52 AM
I'm praying for you and your family. My God give you the strength and comfort ya'll need.

Mark.

Bzcraig
04-30-2014, 10:12 AM
It is a loving, kind and gentle God who holds your fathers life in his hands

358wcf
04-30-2014, 10:12 AM
My prayers are for you and your family- find peace and strength in this time of need- may your father recover his strength and wisdom and be with you again-
thank you for turning to your CastBoolits Family when you need help and wisdom- peace be with you-
Chuck
358wcf

44minimum
04-30-2014, 03:38 PM
I had the same thing happen to my cousin a few years ago. She went into cardiac arrest early in the morning and her husband woke up and found she wasn't breathing. She was in a coma on life support and after three weeks the hospital was basically going to kick her out into a nursing home or wherever else the family wanted. There were no nursing homes that would take her and reluctantly, her husband made the decision to take her off life support. It was a very conflicting time emotionally and we all knew that she wouldn't want to live on life support for years and years and the family agreed with the decision. They stopped all medications, removed all the tubes and about eight hours later she woke up and said "I'm hungry." Miracles do happen and she is more or less normal now.

I will be praying for you.

smokeywolf
04-30-2014, 03:41 PM
Thoughts and prayers for your dad, you and the rest of your family.

smokeywolf

wch
04-30-2014, 04:16 PM
My prayers go out for you and your dad and family.

Victor N TN
04-30-2014, 04:52 PM
Prayers sent your way.

daniel lawecki
04-30-2014, 05:28 PM
Prayer sent for your father and your family.

Wayne Smith
05-01-2014, 08:21 AM
Lord you are all wise and all knowing, we are limited and selfish. We see what we want and cannot know your will. I simply ask that your will be done in this family and that you provide comfort and acceptance of that will.

rbertalotto
05-01-2014, 08:57 AM
So sorry. I went through a similar situation with my Dad. He was 78 years old and in very poor shape when he lapsed into a coma. My sisters and I had to ask our selves.....What would we want done if we were in the same situation. My father had lived a fantastic life and to see him tied to a machine and incoherent for years was simply not what we would want.

We spent lots of time with our priest at church before we made the decision to remove all machines and let God take him.

It was tough at the time but in hindsight it was the best decision. Sometimes we get in the way of God's will.......

w5pv
05-01-2014, 09:31 AM
Prayers sent for your father and may God help you all.

Alvin
05-02-2014, 10:08 PM
I first want to thank all of the Cast Boolits family for your thoughts and prayers. Having been a week now, there has been no improvement and the doctors have said there is no brain activity being detected. As a family we have made the difficult choice to turn off the machines and let him rest in peace with just morphine assisting his pain. the doctors say it could be a few days before he passes, which is more difficult as any hope of a recovery is now gone. I just wanted to once again thank everyone, knowing that you have been thinking of my family in these difficult times means more than you will ever know.

DLCTEX
05-03-2014, 09:02 AM
Prayer sent for you and your family.

tnpaw
05-03-2014, 09:07 AM
Prayers from SWVirginia!

Alvin
05-05-2014, 07:04 AM
I just wanted to update everyone that my father passed on Friday shortly after my last post thanking everyone for their thoughts and prayers. When I was at the hospital most of the week I wasn't very emotional, maybe it was because it knew he was going to pass and thought he would be in pain no more. I played his favorite song Unchained Melody by the Righteous Brothers for him, and he passed within 10 minutes. Having him pass while I was holding his hand was the exact opposite, hearing his last breath flooded me with emotions, tears, and memories of the great life and lessons he taught me.

He was not a rich man by any means, but he scraped whatever he could to give my sisters and I the best life possible. That meant moving far from his friends so he could make more money and send us to one of the best public schools in the country, and forgoing vacations and his own personal hobbies so that we would have to take out minimal loans for university. More than anything I will remember the life lessons he taught me when we would go golfing or camping. One that has always stuck with me and I try to live by is this one, "a man who has money has friends who mainly want something, a man who has true friends has more as they will give you their last penny without you having to ask". I've seen it first hand the group of friends he has, and a lot of them have known each other for 40+ years when they initially meet when immigrating to the United States.

I once again wanted to thank the entire community for your thoughts, prayers, and also willingness to help me out with something I'll need to be doing in the very near future. I'm a member of many forums, but this is the only one I felt comfortable posting about my father to as it feels to me like an extended family. My thanks once again for everything, and your support during these hard times will never be forgotten by my family or myself.